Dinamo Rīga 2013/2014 season talk

King EK65

#KuldaApproved
Jun 26, 2013
Canada
I wouldn't say that I'm disappointed, but I would love to see Darzins back in Riga. Johnson is a good player though, nice addition.

Arthur

Jun 8, 2012
Torpedo got rid of Hodgman and deserved so if you can't score an empty netter. Maybe Skudra wants to bring Darzins there?

s4

Nov 4, 2013
Latvia
And we have secured Darzins as well. I guess for the first time in a while we can actualy output 3 somewhat viable lines.

Pavlovs - Wilson - Hossa
Darzins - Szczechura - Indrasis
Haschak - Johnson - Nizivijs

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
And we have secured Darzins as well. I guess for the first time in a while we can actualy output 3 somewhat viable lines.

Pavlovs - Wilson - Hossa
Darzins - Szczechura - Indrasis
Haschak - Johnson - Nizivijs

I don't think Nizivijs is a "viable" player anymore. And Pavlovs should be nowhere near the first line.

s4

Nov 4, 2013
Latvia
You might be right about Nizivijs. Guess its Bukarts/Dzerins in his place there then.

I must disagree about pavlovs. He's been playing in 1st line for a while now, and has doing an okay job there.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I must disagree about pavlovs. He's been playing in 1st line for a while now, and has doing an okay job there.

That team didn't have Darzins and Johnson. And I think any team would benefit from having a dominant line, just look at Magnitka. These guys play 22 minutes a night and score with aplomb. If Pavlovs plays on the first line he takes away time on ice from Darzins or Indrasis or other legitimately good forward.

Yes, he's been doing an okay job but why should this team go for just okay?

GX

Dec 28, 2011
With the signing of Darzins, Sejejs mentioned that no other additions to the team are expected, yet it may be possible that a foreigner could be released.

Speculations?

Is Hascak on his way out with the addition of Darzins? Is it at all possible that Riga might sign several year deal with Masalskis (he must be extremely cheap at this point) and get rid of Sedlacek?

Firebee

Jan 29, 2014
Netherlands
Hello all, new here. New to the KHL too. Choose DR as my non-Russian (Russian team is undecided so far) team to root for. Why? Riga seems a beautiful city and well, as a Bruins fan I don't cheer for the other Hossa but this Hossa seems quite good too! What do I need to know before we head into the end of the regular season and the playoffs? Who are the rivals? Are there many DR players selected for the Latvian national team or other national teams besides Hossa for Slovakia which I saw a few posts above me?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Hello all, new here. New to the KHL too. Choose DR as my non-Russian (Russian team is undecided so far) team to root for. Why? Riga seems a beautiful city and well, as a Bruins fan I don't cheer for the other Hossa but this Hossa seems quite good too! What do I need to know before we head into the end of the regular season and the playoffs? Who are the rivals? Are there many DR players selected for the Latvian national team or other national teams besides Hossa for Slovakia which I saw a few posts above me?

I don't think there's something you NEED to know. If Medvescak will manage to keep a 6th place in the standings it would be good to finish in the 3rd place to play them. But I guess it's obvious that finishing high in the standings is a good thing.

The only natural rivalry is against SKA and maybe you can kind of add Dynamo Moscow to that list even though that's a bit of pushing.

The list of Dinamo's selects to the OG was posted by RobertR on Jan. 18.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
For the Riga fans, how far do you think your team will go in the playoffs?

Well, I'm not a Riga fan per se, but I think it all depends on the outcome of the regular season. If this team finishes below the 4th place they will be out in the first round.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Well, I'm not a Riga fan per se, but I think it all depends on the outcome of the regular season. If this team finishes below the 4th place they will be out in the first round.

You value home ice that much? You can easily see who are we facing, no we only need to find where series begins.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
You value home ice that much? You can easily see who are we facing, no we only need to find where series begins.

I kind of do. I mean Donbass is a better team on paper, that's not even a question and they should beat Dinamo in 5 games if they weren't coached by Nazarov. But since they are coached by him I think Dinamo could take the series with home advantage. Without it, I find it really hard to see that happening.

Last edited:

s4

Nov 4, 2013
Latvia
We can still face any of the Donbass Lev Medvecak CSKA in first round in order of likeness of that happening. Most likely Moscow or SKA in 2nd round if we get there.

I supose Medvescak is our best bet in 1st round. Albeit we've only played one game on their small ice, we did rather well there. Other than that, CSKA or Donbass not sure. I'd like to avoid Lev like fire, they'r on fire lately.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
We can still face any of the Donbass Lev Medvecak CSKA in first round in order of likeness of that happening.

That's the theory but in reality it's very unlikely it will be anything but Donbass.

Firebee

Jan 29, 2014
Netherlands
Looking at the remaining regular season games, we face the same teams as the others, if I looked correctly that is. Minsk and Spartak should be victories considering their standings, or could one of them pull a surprise upset? It might all depend on how we fare against Medvescak and Donbass. And then there's hoping that none of our players get injured in the OG. That could become a factor very well too, for all teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00