Dinamo Rīga 2013/2014 season talk

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Following your logic, the only Russians they wanted to piss out were Russian Latvians at the arena, who are a large chunk of Rigas population and the Dinamo fanbase too, cause the game, afaik, wasn't even broadcasted by any Russian channels. Use a bit more sense.

It's 2013, you can't expect thing to stay inside the arena any more.

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia
It's 2013, you can't expect thing to stay inside the arena any more.

Of course, you can't. That is why it was stupidly inconsiderate of them to go with that performance. But seeing there some sort of an intended provocation aimed at the RF is a bit of tin foil paranoia. And it's getting pretty embarassing and disrespectful to Riga fans, really.

King EK65

#KuldaApproved
Jun 26, 2013
Canada
But what Riga did was insulting to most of the KHL and Russia. Whatever they intended to show with that symbol doesn't really matter, because the swastika is a compromised symbol associated directly with the greatest tragedy in the history of Russia and all the Eastern Europe. Did Latvians had no other way to celebrate their thing? I think they had, and I think the choice was either made without using brain (it doesn't take a genius to understand that "national" symbol gets a pretty harsh reaction) or willingly to provoke a conflict.

I hope accidents like that don't repeat. One more time: we don't care about Latvian celebrations or Latvia overall until you want to burn the fire.

Not trying to be a ***** about it, but swastika and ugunskrusts get mistaken a lot. If Russians don't care about Latvia that much, then I don't think you knew it.

I do agree that they could celebrate it somehow different than this, to not cause any trouble or make Russian people mad. But some of the comments here have gotten too far, guys.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Lets end this guys, or we will close this topic. Use PM's or arrange a meeting in offtopic section.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
While I don't associate that spinwheel thing with a swastika, at the major Finnish hockey message board, one poster already said he was planning to take the flag of the Finnish air force to a game (assuming Jokerit have a home game near December 6th). :laugh: The flag looks like this:

Tukilentolaivue.jpg

1101981443349.jpeg

I'd like too see the KHL reaction for that. :laugh:

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
What a pathetic game for us today,we were slow,our entry in the zone was horrible, at times it was so bad i wanted to turn the TV off and Tellqvist let in a mojor softie.
The question now- is this just a fluke,or the big drop in performance everyone is expecting for a while now?

SledgeHammer

Sep 30, 2013
Zagreb
What a pathetic game for us today,we were slow,our entry in the zone was horrible, at times it was so bad i wanted to turn the TV off and Tellqvist let in a mojor softie.
The question now- is this just a fluke,or the big drop in performance everyone is expecting for a while now?

I think it is a fluke, probably the standing and steady performances just got in their head and let their guard a bit. Well, I hope it is so.

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
Indrašis forward of the week in KHL, 3+2 in 3 games, getting more consistent recently. Team has rebounded pretty good winning over SKA 6:4 on home ice.

Arthur

Jun 8, 2012
Game day against Traktor and it's friday evening. The arena will be packed, without a doubt.

Too bad Darzins was sent to VHL, it would be nice to cheer for him to start bagging in those goals, even if against my team

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
We sign Jamie Johnson,thats... interesting,when everybody expected Dārziņš,we got Johnson,lets see how that works out.

Arthur

Jun 8, 2012
I guess Darzins isn't even seriously looking at signing for a club right now. "get over injuries and then see" is what he says..

But what is it that Johnson can bring to the table? Sure, a skilled forward comparing to his younger counterparts, but it seems as he has been riddled with injuries lately...

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
I guess Darzins isn't even seriously looking at signing for a club right now. "get over injuries and then see" is what he says..

But what is it that Johnson can bring to the table? Sure, a skilled forward comparing to his younger counterparts, but it seems as he has been riddled with injuries lately...

Also,where do we put him? Wilson is a great 1st line center and Sczechura works as a good 2nd line center,so im guessing maybe on the first lines wing??

Arthur

Jun 8, 2012
Also,where do we put him? Wilson is a great 1st line center and Sczechura works as a good 2nd line center,so im guessing maybe on the first lines wing??
That is most likely how it will go. Hossa-Wilson-Johnson. A sniper- a do it all point machine- a more of a passer

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I think it may be Szczechura moving to Wilson's wing, something what's already been tried this season.

Arthur

Jun 8, 2012
I hope not,that would just destroy the connection between him and Indrašis.
My prediction:
1st line: Hossa-Wilson-Johnson
2nd line: Indrasis-Sczechura-Hascak

although Abols likes to juggle lines, so who knows.. These two look solid at first sight though.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Not really a fan of this addition, when Darzins is kinda available.

GX

Dec 28, 2011
With all the injuries and low scoring in Hershey, I suspect Johnson was a really cheap addition to the team - heck, he was here last season, so he knows Riga is among the best cities in the league with more possibilities (TOI) for players of his scale than SKA, Magnitka or any other of the KHL 'grands'.

I don't think that having Johnson is a definite sign that Darzins won't be signed - it's not that Dinamo couldn't send some forwards to Dinamo Juniors or simply release them.

RobertR

Jul 5, 2012
Hard to say about Darznins. I hope he will not be so stubborn like Masalkis, who thinks that if one time club overpaid him, that is now his price. What was Darzins salary in Traktor? About a million if I remember correctly. So its only half a season left, hard to say if Dinamo would be willing to pay 200-300k, assuming that Darzins will not ask 500k. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00