Prospect Info: Dimitry Zhukenov, 2015 4th Round Pick (114th Overall)

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
Ahh so theoretically he could go anywhere, or at least to whatever team(s) show interest and he reaches an agreement with.

I wonder if the Canucks have any say in that?

Thank you for clarifying.
NP, I think the Canucks have a big say. They usually help the agents find a good place to go (they pretty much chose Kelowna for Edler).

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
Pull some strings to get Zhuk and Virtanen playing together? I've been hoping he'll play in the show but that might be cool.

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
Our Russian scout actually has a pretty good track record on his recommendations (he was just ignored under Gillis because he didn't want Russians).

So hold out hope this guy can become something.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Would you consider finding him a CHL team with another Russian slated to play in 2015-16? Which teams have Russians already playing their? Might be a way to convince him to come to North America early.

turkulad

Sep 27, 2011
Turku, Finland
I remember how much I hated the way the organization played the Shirokov situation, and look where he is now. Kirill Koltsov is another one who became a high echelon KHL player.

Hopefully we play our cards right with this one.

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
Found this posted on a thread on the main boards:

Dmitry Zhukenov (C, 5'11"/165lbs; MHL: 3+16 in 35 GP, MHL PO: 0+2 in 4 GP, U18 WJC: 3+3 in 5 GP, Hlinka Memorial: 1+4 in 5 PG)
Good playmaking center, hard working, but not sure if there is actually something good enough to become a future NHL-er. The reason why he is in this list is because there are strong rumors that he is moving to CHL this summer and for Russian players that usually means that some team is ready to draft him if he will come over immediately.

Here's the link if you want to read the rest of the thread:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1910233

The writer doesn't have a high opinion of Zhukenov but it sounds like he's a fan and not an actual scout.Hopefully he has more info to share now that he's been drafted.

Have to keep an eye on the CHL import draft and see where he ends up,ideally in the BC division of the WHL.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Let them go to the AHL.

Better development league IMO.
They were mid/late round picks for a reason. They have lots to work on before they are ready for the AHL. Let them play a few seasons in the CHL.

Jasek looks 12. He needs to bulk up over a few summers so keep him in the CHL. Portland would be a great place for him.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
They were mid/late round picks for a reason. They have lots to work on before they are ready for the AHL. Let them play a few seasons in the CHL.

Jasek looks 12. He needs to bulk up over a few summers so keep him in the CHL. Portland would be a great place for him.

Tomas Tatar was 18 years old when he was in the AHL. 60th overall.

Jasek could probably play in there. He has experience playing vs men.

StroShow

Dec 22, 2013
Vancouver
from elite prospects :

A diligent offensive forward that is productive at both ends of the ice. Predatory offensive instincts compliment his competitiveness and motivation to stay ahead of the play. Sees the ice very well and is creative with his abilities, willing to battle in front of the net and do the things that other players of his size would not. His defensive zone play is fascinating because he is always very proactive positionally; that being said, his style of defensive play is not very refined, and ill-suited to a more physical brand of hockey. All-in-all, a distinguished two-way competitor that will have the potential to develop into a crafty offensive producer as he gets stronger. (Curtis Joe, EP 2015) - See more at: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=277804#sthash.i8PXwtMV.dpuf

Does any CHL team hold his rights ?

JA

TSN fired one of their interns for a Zajac pun on their website...

This kid's name is pronounced "Jukin' off."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad