Prospect Info: Dimitry Zhukenov, 2015 4th Round Pick (114th Overall)

Love

Feb 29, 2012
The centre's in the pacific division in a few years... Wow.

Bennett, Monahan, McDavid, RNH, Zhukenov, Horvat.

Yes Im joking.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
Let's not forget all the crap about Ron Delorme being promoted to #2 in command behind Benning.

Ron Delorme has just been taken out to the woodshed and shot by Jim Benning.

Skill all day long.

Last edited by a moderator:

Numbers

Sep 26, 2011
To be fair I don't think anyone knows who a Benning player is. In fact I don't think Benning does either.

I think there is no "Benning" player. A team needs a variety of skill sets. It is good that Benning is flexible on many different type of players.

thegutter

May 22, 2011
would much rather spend 4th to 7th round picks on skilled players like this than some guy outta the bchl

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I don't think anyone knows yet. The import draft is on June 30th. Its most likely he has a deal in place with a team, as most import players do prior to drafting.

So basically a team claims him prior to the draft? I don't really understand the import draft process.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Let's all just pray that he comes to the CHL as soon as possible. Otherwise he's a total black box if he's across the pond.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
So basically a team claims him prior to the draft? I don't really understand the import draft process.

CHL Teams don't want to waste a draft pick on a player who isn't coming over, so they negotiate with players beforehand to get a good idea on who will come over if drafted.

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
Teams are limited to two import spots per season. So some planning is required into who they draft and who they bring over to fit their existing imports. The draft is 2 rounds long, and many teams forfeit their 2nd round picks because they do not have anyone they want to bring over or they do not have room in their plans for another import.

As such, teams usually don't draft import players they haven't spoke to or don't have some inkling that they will come over to NA, but they do sometimes do as a "just-in case" pick for highly touted euros. But for the most part, there is an agreement - verbal or written i dunno.

The agents usually work out deals with places they want to go. Like Cederholm with Portland.

Any thoughts on Zhukenov?
I don't know, haven't watched, haven't read much. He sounds a bit intriguing based on HP's writeup. but he was not ranked by them.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Teams are limited to two import spots per season. So some planning is required into who they draft and who they bring over to fit their existing imports. The draft is 2 rounds long, and many teams forfeit their 2nd round picks because they do not have anyone they want to bring over or they do not have room in their plans for another import.

As such, teams usually don't draft import players they haven't spoke to or don't have some inkling that they will come over to NA, but they do sometimes do as a "just-in case" pick. But for the most part, there is an agreement - verbal or written i dunno.

The agents usually work out deals with places they want to go. Like Cederholm with Portland.

Ahh so theoretically he could go anywhere, or at least to whatever team(s) show interest and he reaches an agreement with.

I wonder if the Canucks have any say in that?

Thank you for clarifying.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
Ahh so theoretically he could go anywhere, or at least to whatever team(s) show interest and he reaches an agreement with.

I wonder if the Canucks have any say in that?

Thank you for clarifying.

I think Benning and company will want Zhukenov to go to a strong organization and will push for it.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Let's not forget all the crap about Ron Delorme being promoted to #2 in command behind Benning.

Ron Delorme has just been taken out to the woodshed and shot by Jim Benning.

Skill all day long.

We've taken a USHL player, a Q player (puke, those scouts are worse than Delorme) and a Russian. And you're celebrating?

You had more of a case last year when they used their best scouts to make a strong OHL pick in McCann.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad