Did the Jets make a huge mistake

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
The goaltending has not been good and they should have moved Myers before summer. The longer it goes the less they will get in a trade, especially if they drop of of contention

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Really, all this to make the case for Myers? One of the most overrated players in the league.

At least Byfuglien cancels out some of his bad defensive play with elite offense and physical play. Myers cancels out his bad defensive play with...I dunno...height, I guess.

Yeh Myers is our 4th best defenseman now. 5th best if you include Trouba. Premise of this thread is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy off base.

Male75FromFinland

Aug 5, 2010
This thread should be titled 'Did the OP make a huge mistake'

answer is yes he did.

Great game by buff last night (NOT)

I sure hope as Jets fan that I am wrong with Byfuglien, but against Leafs he was huge part of the game before Jets first goal.........

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Yeah sending pavlec to the ahl was a huge mistake

No it was the right move. He's been average or below average for years. He had the opportunity that show he's an elite goaltender and he just didn't show it. He's an average goaltender at best.

Dont take Trouba back he is not worth the money he is asking nt even close must be his agent putting things in his head Jets should trade him for best deal possible even if its nt for a defensemen.:shakehead:shakehead

This is Kyle Turris Part 2 (same agent even) no way he's going back to Winnipeg.

NotYou

Sep 21, 2014
No it was the right move. He's been average or below average for years. He had the opportunity that show he's an elite goaltender and he just didn't show it. He's an average goaltender at best.

This is Kyle Turris Part 2 (same agent even) no way he's going back to Winnipeg.
Was a joke. Impossible to tell on here though sorry

MikeRahl

Feb 20, 2010
The goaltending has not been good and they should have moved Myers before summer. The longer it goes the less they will get in a trade, especially if they drop of of contention

I find it hard to believe they would get less now for Myers (if he was moved) then in the summer when he was a 6'7 defenseman having hip surgery...

Myers is also in the rare-ish situation where his Cap Hit is (significantly) less than his actual salary, which is convenient for a small market team like the Jets.

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand
I find it hard to believe they would get less now for Myers (if he was moved) then in the summer when he was a 6'7 defenseman having hip surgery...

Myers is also in the rare-ish situation where his Cap Hit is (significantly) less than his actual salary, which is convenient for a small market team like the Jets.

he said he had the hip problem at least a couple of years. Why did he not have it dealt with back then?

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand
Wrong, Byfuglien is a terrific dman

Yes he is when he gets the proper coaching. He is much better now with Noel gone and a system implemented by Maurice that covers his pinching. Huddy needs to get him to stop taking chances in the D-Zone.

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
The Oilers just played a horribad game where Nurse and Klefbom looked like a couple guys you'd be hesitant to take in a pond hockey game. Doesn't mean I want to deport them to Mars.

Big Buff will bounce back. He's never been a defensive stalwart, but he'll have 55 points and some highlight reel hits to go with average defence by year's end.

R-E-L-A-X

Problem for the oilers is, Nurse and Klefbom shouldn't be sniffing at top pair duties in the NHL. They're not good enough. Even in the games the Oilers played vs Calgary, those two Ds got exposed.

Oilers have awesome offense, if only they could get some defense now. Larsson is a plus in that department but they need more help.

YesCubed

Mar 2, 2015
Everyone wants to see more goals scored. They just don't want to see them scored against their team. I'm not a big fan of the new run and gun hockey. Orr's right, bring back the red line.

You only think today's game is "run and gun" hockey (it's actually back down to dead puck era levels of scoring) because you only watch Brian Strait play. Every game is run and gun when you get to play against that guy

Nov 24, 2006
No they didn't make a mistake.

If the question is Buff or Ladd, it's a no brainer. You pick Buff every day.

If the question is Buff in general, it's still yes every day. They probably knew Trouba was bailing on them which made it even more necessary to keep Buff. Can you imagine that D with no Buff AND no Trouba?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
No they didn't make a mistake.

If the question is Buff or Ladd, it's a no brainer. You pick Buff every day.

If the question is Buff in general, it's still yes every day. They probably knew Trouba was bailing on them which made it even more necessary to keep Buff. Can you imagine that D with no Buff AND no Trouba?

This is the best post of the thread.

Riddum

Nov 5, 2008
Montreal
Byfuglien has always been slow and even more slow as of late. Really bad during the World Cup. That's big buff for you. The problem is the game is getting faster and faster with the new kids coming in. So yes the Jets made a mistake going with Buff. They should have had the foresight to see that and trade him last season.

Speed is overrated. How can people not understand that? Did you see how well that Slow Team Europe did at the World Cup?

Jagr shouldn't be able to keep up. Hockey I.Q, positioning, anticipation of the play>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Speed AINEC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad