Speculation: Did RNH just become (more) available?

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Thats also hovering around (and closer to) 45 points, but of course, as a rival fan, you went with 40.

But my point was that you are referring to the point total of the previous year without mentioning the fact that he missed a large chunk of the year. Like I said if you bring up raw point totals while ignoring the large amount of games missed, its disingenuous. Especially when he was on his typical career pace that year. And when its done by a rival fan, it just sticks out as that much more obvious.

Okay Cawz, whatever you say. :laugh:

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I would be willing to do that deal BUT

Tavares has to agree to a Kevin Durant like situation and agree to sign an extension first. $9 per x 8 years. The Islanders then agree to retain $1 million per on that salary. I think JT would agree to this because it likely means several Stanley Cups for him.

In that scenario, I would agree to

RNH
Nurse
EDM 1st

for

Tavares.
See if they'd throw in a unicorn too

Um, ok...?
I guess the truth hurt :laugh: I guess using that logic then Sam Bennett is a 30 point player going forward

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Doesn't make sense to trade him now. The Oilers would be much better off showcasing him, putting him in a position to get 60+ points, then trading him.

That being said, it's Chiarelli.

Stajan straight up.

As a Ducks fan I support this

Because in the best offensively productive seasons he had, Oilers were always one of the worst in the league. Oh and BTW he has never yet got 60 points

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Detroit Red Wings- Ryan Nugent-Hopkins+Edmonton's 2018 1st round pick.

Edmonton Oiler's- Mike Green+Riley Sheahan+Andreas Athanasiou.

Detroit could retain up to $2 million on Mike Green if need be, Andreas Athanasiou would be a sign and trade 3 years $6 million give or take.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

Detroit could retain up to $2 million on Mike Green if need be, Andreas Athanasiou would be a sign and trade 3 years $6 million give or take.

I wouldn't include the first. Green is on the last year of his contract, isn't he? If so, he doesn't hold near the value that Nuge does. Sheahan holds little value to me. I like AA a lot though. I might do one year of Green and AA on that bridge deal for Nuge. But due to Green's short deal and Sheahan being nothing, I wouldn't do it with even a late pick added.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Nah. I like Green but he's a rental. I don't know what the hell happened to Sheahan last year but I sure don't want him trying to sort himself out here. And I like Athanasiou but if all he wants is three years at 2 mil what's the hold up and why is he considering bolting to Russia?

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I wouldn't include the first. Green is on the last year of his contract, isn't he? If so, he doesn't hold near the value that Nuge does. Sheahan holds little value to me. I like AA a lot though. I might do one year of Green and AA on that bridge deal for Nuge. But due to Green's short deal and Sheahan being nothing, I wouldn't do it with even a late pick added.

The proposal was something around AA+Green for Nuge i added Sheahan to help us out cap wise on top plus there was some rumblings of Edmonton possibly being interested in Sheahan awhile back. Though i would personally be fine with Green+AA for Nuge that's probably the best we can hope for.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Nah. I like Green but he's a rental. I don't know what the hell happened to Sheahan last year but I sure don't want him trying to sort himself out here. And I like Athanasiou but if all he wants is three years at 2 mil what's the hold up and why is he considering bolting to Russia?

Yeah Sheahan just had bad puck luck this past season, It wasn't for the lack of trying that's for sure he was getting his chances just not burying them. The entire team other then Zetterberg woefully under-performed miserably last season. I think Sheahan will pick it up this year his ceiling should be a 15/15 3rd line center.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
The proposal was something around AA+Green for Nuge i added Sheahan to help us out cap wise on top plus there was some rumblings of Edmonton possibly being interested in Sheahan awhile back. Though i would personally be fine with Green+AA for Nuge that's probably the best we can hope for.

I would do Green and AA for Nuge if we managed to find another deal somewhere for a C. I don't want to lock Drai at C when he has such great chemistry with McDavid, and I don't like the idea of any of Letestu, Strome or Cagguilla as our 2C. I don't mind the value. Not sure if we'd find a deal for a C that could make it possible though. This would have made more sense before we re-signed Russell.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Not retaining as it totally defeats the purpose. Other than that, it's not terrible value. The first is likely a top 15 in what is said to be a strong draft class.

FYI-I hope the Jet make the playoffs because they are my second favorite Canadian team but looking at that division, it's tough sledding.
Thanks for the mini-text qualifier, but Jets fans are expecting the playoffs. I'm personally calling home ice advantage in the first round. The Jets are the only team in the Central I can say for sure will make the playoffs. St. Louis will probably be battling us for 1st even though they're weaker than they have been in the past few years, Minnesota didn't get too much weaker, either. Chicago is definitely in the early stages of their decline. Dallas fixed their goal tending but their D has weakened over the past 2 off seasons. Nashville made the playoffs in 8th and Rinse had to stand on his head to prop up a team with no scoring - which lost a ton of scoring. Colorado is a big messy joke of an organization. Sledding in the Central has never been easier.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Thanks for the mini-text qualifier, but Jets fans are expecting the playoffs. I'm personally calling home ice advantage in the first round. The Jets are the only team in the Central I can say for sure will make the playoffs. St. Louis will probably be battling us for 1st even though they're weaker than they have been in the past few years, Minnesota didn't get too much weaker, either. Chicago is definitely in the early stages of their decline. Dallas fixed their goal tending but their D has weakened over the past 2 off seasons. Nashville made the playoffs in 8th and Rinse had to stand on his head to prop up a team with no scoring - which lost a ton of scoring. Colorado is a big messy joke of an organization. Sledding in the Central has never been easier.

Ummmm....about that.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
RNH Nurse and a 1st is too much to give up for less than a season of JT.

I wouldn't give up RNH or Nurse alone for 1 year of anybody and I'm not that big a fan of either. It's an absurd proposal regardless of how good Tavares is.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I wouldn't give up RNH or Nurse alone for 1 year of anybody and I'm not that big a fan of either. It's an absurd proposal regardless of how good Tavares is.

Create a poll asking if the Oilers should trade RNH straight up for 1 year of Tavares

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Ummmm....about that.

Well, what about it?
You don't think Chicago's roster is weakened? Hjalmarsson, Panarin, Darling and Hossa all gone. Toews has had 2 down years in a row.
Nashville has Arvidsson, Johansen and Forsberg up front and not much else. Unless you're counting on Fiala and Bonino to make much bigger impacts than they have before, I'd say losing Fisher and Neal is going to hurt. Rinne is streaky - unstoppable when he wants to be, but can be godawful other times. Saaros could be good, but he's 22 so he'll probably have a short leash. Admittedly, Nashville does have by far the best defense in the league, but I don't think that's enough if they're not getting scoring and good goaltending. If they do, yeah, they're scary.

Csonked Out

Mar 20, 2007
Bismarck, ND
When I see RNH, I see a guy who has becoming overly conservative in his game because quite frankly, the defense was so bad in Edmonton up until last year. If I was Edmonton, I would toss him on the wing this year and let him focus on just his offense and get his game back. There is absolutely zero reason to trade him right now and the guy has way to much talent to sell right now at a low. Let him focus on his offensive game this year and look at this again next off-season if necessary.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Create a poll asking if the Oilers should trade RNH straight up for 1 year of Tavares

Don't really care what an HF poll says. What I do know is that it would be stupid to deal RNH for a rental so in 2018, the Oilers would have given up RNH for nothing.
Not interested in the least in giving up a young, top 6 center for a rental. Complete waste of an asset. I'm also sure that the Isles will look for a better package than RNH if they are dealing Tavares.

Last edited:

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
To build on the previous base that has been well-received by both sides...

RNH + Edmonton's 1st 2018 + 2nd '19 for Green, AA and one of Tatar/Nyquist? That basically fills every hole for the Oilers while only subtracting one piece from the main roster.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Don't really care what an HF poll says. What I do know is that it would be stupid to deal RNH for a rental so in 2018, the Oilers would have given up RNH for nothing.
Not interested in the least in giving up a young, top 6 center for a rental. Complete waste of an asset. I'm also sure that the Isles will look for a better package than RNH if they are dealing Tavares.

Agreed. In addition, there's no way that Tavares brings back a single asset as valuable as RNH. If he's traded he'll fetch a package. Perhaps something around Strome ++, but that's probably the about the highest type of established player that JT would return - but there's no way that someone would give NYI a good cost controlled #2C who's 24 and locked up for 4 more years. Even Strome might be a stretch for a rental.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016

0 goals, 4 points in 13 playoff games

It seems we differ on RNH's value as an "asset"

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
0 goals, 4 points in 13 playoff games

It seems we differ on RNH's value as an "asset"

For all the crap HF seems to give RNH, there sure are a lot of ppl who want him on their team. For cheap of course, because you know, they're doing Edmonton a favor with regards to the cap. :sarcasm:

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
People are entitled to their own opinions. So stop diminishing them because they root for a certain team. Thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00