Speculation: Did RNH just become (more) available?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
0 goals, 4 points in 13 playoff games

It seems we differ on RNH's value as an "asset"

Chris Kreider, Nick Ritchie, Kevin Hayes, all had similar or worse stats.

Alex Galchenyuk put up an almighty 0-3-3 in 6 games as a winger not tasked with shutting anyone down.

One playoff run doesn't make or break a career.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Huge pass as an Oiler fan. That doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Even bigger pass from Winnipeg. Ducky has been after a 2C all summer. First time I've seen him try to give away Wheeler, but this is par for the course with him.
I actually like RNH a lot, but I don't see that there's any place for him on the Jets roster.
This deal doesn't seem to satisfy Edmonton's needs either as there's very little in the way of cap hit saved. Maybe I'm biased, but I'd say value is technically even while slightly favouring Edmonton in the short term, yet doing almost nothing in practical terms for the Jets and not solving Edmonton's theoretical cap issues.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Is there a base for a trade of RNH to Columbus? Figure they need a #1/2 center and since Avs are playing hardball with Duchene, RNH might be easier to trade for?

Edmonton should have significant interest in dealing with Columbus, they have a number of players I would be interested in - Bjorkstrand, Jenner, Murray, to name but a few.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
For those who keep sending money back to the Oilers in any Nuge deal-- we can take about 3 mill back and that is it.

While we have lots of money this year--Next season is the problem--we have a lot of RFAS and other stuff to do

We will be taking a loss on the trade.

Green at 6 soon to be UFA--not the good starting point
Nyquist at 4.75 is a bit much
AA is an RFA---why has he not been signed? Because he is looking for 3m+ is my guess short term with more later

While the oilers window is open--I do not see them winning this season. I see them moving Nuge to fill other holes on the 3/4 lines collectively and I do no see the oilers trading high picks in a trade that will hurt them long term.

They will be needing players on ELC shortly

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Edmonton should have significant interest in dealing with Columbus, they have a number of players I would be interested in - Bjorkstrand, Jenner, Murray, to name but a few.

CBJ have $12m in cap space, but they haven't signed Wennberg or Anderson yet.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Lot of Oiler pundits have him starting the year with McDavid to boost his value and stock for a future trade.

Maroon McDavid RNH
Lucic Draisaitl Slepyshev
Jokinen Strome Puljujarvi (yeesh)
Caggiula Letestu Kassian

I heard that a few times, but i thought RNH was your "defensive responsibility" guy on 3C? Also, his value would be best at C than RW IMO. If MTL is in the running for him (as every Hab seems to think), then i think they woudl want him to play C minutes as much as possible

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
I heard that a few times, but i thought RNH was your "defensive responsibility" guy on 3C? Also, his value would be best at C than RW IMO. If MTL is in the running for him (as every Hab seems to think), then i think they woudl want him to play C minutes as much as possible

Nuge has 400 or so NHL games a C. I doubt a few games at RW this season are going to negatively impact his ability as a NHL C.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

McLellan has hinted that Nuge will be given a more prominent offensive role, so I don't think he's going to get any time at 3C. I think he will play 2C with Drai and Lucic on his wings personally.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
McLellan has hinted that Nuge will be given a more prominent offensive role, so I don't think he's going to get any time at 3C. I think he will play 2C with Drai and Lucic on his wings personally.
I like the sound of that

Maroon-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Lucic-RNH-Draisaitl
Jokinen-Strome-Cagguila
Slepyshev-Letestu-Kassian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad