Rumor: Dhaliwal- Keeps hearing Habs want Boeser. Claims that Habs have wanted Boeser for a long time, previously offered Romanov.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Rumour from the bubble aside (which has zero relevance to todays team). Boeser makes zero sense for Montreal Montreal has Caufield , Anderson , Gallagher and Armia as right wings signed long term. So unless the deal includes . Gallagher or Armia going the other way I can’t see how they make room for him (both positionally and cap wise )

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Not sure why the Habs would make the deal right now. They are still a few years away from realizing real playoff potential.

If they see Boeser as a part of their core, then this is absolutely the perfect time to get him as its been reported that the Canucks are willing to sell low on Boeser just to get cap space.

Boeser is only 25 yrs old. If the Habs can get him for cheap now then why not pull the trigger.

Reactions: banks

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Sure new gm. but what about the Pro Scouts? they are the ones usually advising the GM. Are they still around?

There's interest for sure as Dhaliwal says Habs is the team he is hearing most thats intereted in Boeser right now.
Montreal fired their head scout (Trevor Timmins) the same day Bergevin got the ax

If they see Boeser as a part of their core, then this is absolutely the perfect time to get him as its been reported that the Canucks are willing to sell low on Boeser just to get cap space.

Boeser is only 25 yrs old. If the Habs can get him for cheap now then why not pull the trigger.
Acquisition cost aside. They don’t have space for an underperforming $6.65 m right wing

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto

Because it made sense two years ago not now,

Long term winger contracts
Slafkovsky, Caufield, Anderson, Gallagher potentially even Dach and we know there's interest in Dubois.

Right now the bigger need for the team is a long term 2C to replace money hands when he goes away either at the TDL or end of season unless Dach can take over.

Nevermind the GM and President has changed.

Reactions: viceroy

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
This makes no sense to me...
1) Different management team
2) Different situation: Bergevin built with some thought to the future but a lot to the present, too, so Boeser would've made sense, but now the Habs are in a full-fledged rebuild.
3) Boeser's contract means he'll be a UFA just as the Habs can start to hope to be a regular playoff team (if the rebuild goes well)
4) The only way this could work is if Vancouver wants to take back a pretty bad contract (Gallagher, maybe Armia) or is going to basically give Boeser away for an expiring contract like Dadonov, or maybe for someone Bergevin loved but that new management isn't enamoured with. Still hard to see a fit...

Reactions: Linds and viceroy

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Rumour from the bubble aside (which has zero relevance to todays team). Boeser makes zero sense for Montreal Montreal has Caufield , Anderson , Gallagher and Armia as right wings signed long term. So unless the deal includes . Gallagher or Armia going the other way I can’t see how they make room for him (both positionally and cap wise )

If the Habs were able to dump one of Anderson or Gallagher in a swap for Boeser their GM deserves a statue

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Ya, that deal given to Anderson is horrendous. That said, I could see something like Hoffman + 2nd for Boeser.
I’d rather hold onto the 2nd. Hoffman hasn’t been brutal lately. His contract runs out in 2 years. He’s fine. If we attach a 2nd, I’d rather trade Armia.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad