Nov 27, 2011
To Carolina:

Horvat

To Vancouver:

Taraveinen (bad contract)
Jack Drury
Scott Morrow
1st

Why for Carolina? Final elite piece that gets them over the hump and finally a cup. Offloading a bad contract allows them to add other pieces if needed.

Why for Vancouver? Get their young Center, right d and pick. Huge bump to the farm system after years of neglect.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
To Carolina:

Horvat

To Vancouver:

Jack Drury
Scott Morrow
1st

Why for Carolina? Final elite piece that gets them over the hump and finally a cup. Offloading a bad contract allows them to add other pieces if needed.

Why for Vancouver? Get their young Center, right d and pick. Huge bump to the farm system after years of neglect.
I think I would actually do this, because it’s a decent package with prospects and fix, the contract is not great for Taraveinen, but it’s not awful either, and has bounce back potential

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Feels a lot more like Horvat is just done. I genuinely feel that the truth is Horvat just wants out. Whether that is attributable to the rumours of locker room issues over the past few years or not is up for debate.

But the meat of the matter is that optically it looks like Horvat wants out
Tough for the Canucks, but you can’t blame the guy at all.

They haven’t done anything about that horrible d core for 8 years

Reactions: D0ctorCool

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Good point, he would fit great there,,, Cap issues though
They can afford him, exp is Voracek is done (concussion). They can also send him our way in the deail to be LTIRetired.

I think I would actually do this, because it’s a decent package with prospects and fix, the contract is not great for Taraveinen, but it’s not awful either, and has bounce back potential
Lots of canes fans think TT is getting a raise after next season and are loath to get rid of him. That said, that package is too much for a signed Horvat. I also didn't notice TT is having a terrible year this year.

Reactions: Auston Escobar

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
To Carolina:

Horvat

To Vancouver:

Jack Drury
Scott Morrow
1st

gezz don't think Carolina does that... unless he gets signed up front at around 8.5mil for 5 years.

But he would be a great upgrade on C ,, they could really use him atm

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
How many times do we have to go through this until we realize its just a smoke and mirror show?

Bo Horvat will be signed by the trade deadline when there is actual pressure to have a deal done, until then, its just going to be back and forth negotiating. The only thing an agent does is listen to their clients needs, if Bo Horvat wants to stay in Vancouver, then the agent's job is to get the best possible deal signed with a players preferred destination.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Isn’t “or best offer” usually a bad thing?

Canucks want to clearly tank so the faster they get the offer they want for Horvat, the better. He helps them win.
Teams will throw cap dumps at them and ask for 50% retention cause most have to wait till the deadline to get the most cap space they can get. Teams after Horvat are likely after more than one rental.

Does one GM get aggressive early? Possible but it's likely the Canucks have to wait it out

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
How many times do we have to go through this until we realize its just a smoke and mirror show?

Bo Horvat will be signed by the trade deadline when there is actual pressure to have a deal done, until then, its just going to be back and forth negotiating. The only thing an agent does is listen to their clients needs, if Bo Horvat wants to stay in Vancouver, then the agent's job is to get the best possible deal signed with a players preferred destination.

Way too many gullible fans out there bud.

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
Rick gets his information from agents, he’s very close friend with basically all of them, some takes are biased towards that, but his legitimacy can’t be questioned, he’s probably the best insider in the business
Absolutely very credible, and has been for many years, probably the best insider the Canucks have.

Cheers guys

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I think he probably works as a rental and then gets a bidding war in the summer or he signs with the Bruins for a sane contract.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
gezz don't think Carolina does that... unless he gets signed up front at around 8.5mil for 5 years.

But he would be a great upgrade on C ,, they could really use him atm
Yeah should have said that, I think this is based on him resigning….

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
To Carolina:

Horvat

To Vancouver:

Jack Drury
Scott Morrow
1st

giphy.gif

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016

I think the is the most likely outcome.

Feb 19, 2018
You’re literally on a message board, in a section about free agency, trades and rumors, and you’re annoyed?🤷‍♂️

Rumours and speculation is some of the best parts about sports
Last year we heard nothing but rumours and what ended up happening? We brought back the same team minus our 4th line.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Not sure what you think the price is for an elite two way centre who’s top 5 faceoffs in the league. Also proven playoffs performer. Carolina has done nothing beyond good regular seasons and needs to figure it out. A deal where nothing is lost from the active roster is perfect.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
To Carolina:

Horvat

To Vancouver:

Jack Drury
Scott Morrow
1st

I'd do that from Van POV 100%, seems like a lot from Carolina's side

I don't see TT as a bad contract.

- 5.4M AAV, ends in 2024
- 65 points last year.
- Last 3 full years: 76, 63 and 65 points. - 0.69 PPG over his career, 57PTS per 82 average.
- 28 years old

Unless Horvat signs a very team friendly deal with Carolina, I don't see it.

Last edited:

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
To Carolina:

Horvat

To Vancouver:

Jack Drury
Scott Morrow
1st

actually a fair deal for vancouver, deal!

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg

Much of the same like any other rumors involving the Canucks. It's been very tight lipped since Rutherford and Allvin took over. Been the same clickbait stuff for what feels like a really long time now. None of which have ended up happening. Always been some other outcome of a contract situation or a different move/trade completely.

I'll give Dhaliwal some credit but he's out to lunch most of the time like everyone else. Easy speculation, connect two dots, get som clicks and attention, carry on.

My money is on Bo re-signing close to the deadline as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad