Rumor: Dhaliwal - Canucks will now take best offer for Horvat

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
Either he is desperate to move on and the offer we made really didn't matter at this point (believable)
Feels a lot more like Horvat is just done. I genuinely feel that the truth is Horvat just wants out. Whether that is attributable to the rumours of locker room issues over the past few years or not is up for debate.

But the meat of the matter is that optically it looks like Horvat wants out

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Honestly, 8 mil for Bo is not that bad.

He’s not a top line center, but he’s the perfect 2C. With the cap going up soon I don’t think it’s as outlandish as everyone’s making it seem.
This is what I don't understand. People are thinking the cap is staying where it is for the foreseeable future. Next year, I think it goes up like a million and then the year after that it goes up to 90 million (saw these figures somewhere, but don't know where they are now).

If this is the case, 8 million is not terrible, especially if your team is already managing the cap correctly. This is why I want red wings to make a serious offer because their cap structure is great right now and we will be able to remove expiring contracts in the next two years that we don't need anymore with the young players we have playing at a great rate.

For the rest of the year, red wings could look like this when all injuries are essentially done by end of January:
Perron - Larkin - Raymond
Kubalik - Horvat - Bertuzzi/Berggren
Fabbri - Copp - Berggren/Bertuzzi
Erne - Rasmussen - Sundqvist
Suter - Veleno (Vrana if he comes back would be massive)

Chiarot - Seider
Maata - Hronek
Walman - Oesterle/Edvinsson

That's a pretty good team that get's at lease to the second round this year, no?

Rey

Jan 11, 2007
This is a good move. Horvat isn’t that good and it would be sick to my stomach if he ever got a jersey retirement or ring of honour by default had he resign with the Canucks.

Canucks fans are panicking . It’s always Miller or Horvat. If you keep them both, it’s the same crappy losing team. They should have traded both of them. Horvat is playing better than Miller right now so fans are decided over Horvat.

So what is Horvat? He clearly isn’t a playmaking Center that Columbus needs. He doesn’t often create often offence cause most of his goals come from the bunker position and they have a set play specifically designed for him on the PP. Don’t let you fool you, he isn’t ROR or Bergeron lite as his defensive and work ethic is no where close . He is a guy who can win face offs and be at the bunker position. That’s about it. His skating prevents him from ever being good enough to shut down opposing forwards.

I’m so sick of this guy wearing the Captain letter just to watch his star or rookie get crushed and never ever stand up for his teammates . This guy is complete golf club mentality 100% and it needs to go. Rather than focusing on hockey he rather go out and do tv commercials. Rather than competing out there , this guy is out there on the ice making friends and connections with opposition players.

Last edited:

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Can't wait for the deal:
  1. Age gap player (RHD or C)
  2. Pick
  3. Cap dump
Going to be awesome.
Seems like a 2nd round pick, Czarnick, and Nedelkjvic(spelling) is the perfect trade for you to accept :)

To make it seem better, the 2nd round pick is STL's and looks like it will be a higher 2nd round pick that anything

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
Legit question: has Dhali called or gotten anything right? Why is he credible at all?

I live in Van and read these boards regularly, and they just seem to throw everything at the wall and see what sticks, dependent on the flavour of the month.

Again, legit quesiton. Not a troll if wrong. Just my experience thus far with their rumors

Reactions: Bubbles
Feb 19, 2018
So sick and tired of these Canuck rumors etc. shit show.

This is what I don't understand. People are thinking the cap is staying where it is for the foreseeable future. Next year, I think it goes up like a million and then the year after that it goes up to 90 million (saw these figures somewhere, but don't know where they are now).

If this is the case, 8 million is not terrible, especially if your team is already managing the cap correctly. This is why I want red wings to make a serious offer because their cap structure is great right now and we will be able to remove expiring contracts in the next two years that we don't need anymore with the young players we have playing at a great rate.

For the rest of the year, red wings could look like this when all injuries are essentially done by end of January:

Chiarot - Seider
Maata - Hronek

That's a pretty good team that get's at lease to the second round this year, no?
What are you giving up. Looks like nothing in this scenario. I guess it’s assets like Edvinsson

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
The Canucks had something of a window where Horvat and Miller were on team friendly deals and Pettersson and Hughes jumped onto the team on ELCs.

Not that they should have won cups but how were they barely making the playoffs? 3 top line players and a franchise D making relative peanuts. Good goalies too.

And now they've given out big raises and have to trade away Horvat to restock the farm?

I'm not well versed in prospects but it doesn't look like the Canucks stockpiled many picks while they were missing the playoffs either.

What has the plan been in Vancouver for the past 5 or 10 years?

Reactions: MacWinnon and jd22

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008

What are you giving up. Looks like nothing in this scenario. I guess it’s assets like Edvinsson
You’re literally on a message board, in a section about free agency, trades and rumors, and you’re annoyed?🤷‍♂️

Rumours and speculation is some of the best parts about sports

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012

Original proposal on wings thread I had was Bertuzzi, 2nd (STL so its higher), and something else. forgot.

Then, I landed on 2nd rd, Czarnick, Neddy. Not the best package but it is also for a guy who obviously wants out. VAN would get a goalie that they just dont really have, a prospect that i would rather not give up in czarnick because everytime hes called up, he is getting points or making significant plays on the fourth line, and a pick.

Would add a pick or another prospect for a sign and trade.

Superlative Soup

Treasured and Marveled
Apr 8, 2013
Saskatchewan
The Canucks had something of a window where Horvat and Miller were on team friendly deals and Pettersson and Hughes jumped onto the team on ELCs.

Not that they should have won cups but how were they barely making the playoffs? 3 top line players and a franchise D making relative peanuts. Good goalies too.

And now they've given out big raises and have to trade away Horvat to restock the farm?

I'm not well versed in prospects but it doesn't look like the Canucks stockpiled many picks while they were missing the playoffs either.

Bold of you to assume they have a plan.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015

The Plan has been short cuts to compete and them not working out. Benning was terrible, but FA always forces a short cut and as quick as possible, not allowing anytime for proper scouting or planning.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Legit question: has Dhali called or gotten anything right? Why is he credible at all?

I live in Van and read these boards regularly, and they just seem to throw everything at the wall and see what sticks, dependent on the flavour of the month.

Again, legit quesiton. Not a troll if wrong. Just my experience thus far with their rumors

Absolutely very credible, and has been for many years, probably the best insider the Canucks have.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008

Rick gets his information from agents, he’s very close friend with basically all of them, some takes are biased towards that, but his legitimacy can’t be questioned, he’s probably the best insider in the business

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

Chiarot - Seider
Maata - Hronek

Imagine if Vrana comes back too!

I’m not against getting Horvat as a Wings fan but only if he signs and ~$8M max.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad