OT: DFF's Hockey Name Hall of Fame (also: best and worst hockey names)

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
I have both these cards and as a kid I couldn't stop laughing at the site of them (thought they were brothers)....but Juha's name I always thought was bad but the pic made it worse I think..

juhawiding.jpg

$T2eC16F,!yUE9s6NEG6TBRns(!D!Ng~~60_57.JPG

Niiiice - 2 players...5 chins.

What about Sprague Cleghorn....or Steele Boomer?

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
There needs to be an Igor/Yegor thread that just gathers data on all Igor/Yegor players around the world. If I have time later I will take this on, otherwise it would be greatly appreciated if someone else could get that going.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
There needs to be an Igor/Yegor thread that just gathers data on all Igor/Yegor players around the world. If I have time later I will take this on, otherwise it would be greatly appreciated if someone else could get that going.

Igor Larionov springs to mind.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004

You probably know LaCock's father is game-show host Peter Marshall.

But did you ever hear the story about Hall of Famer Bob Gibson --- by many accounts the definition of a competitor -- who surrendered a grand slam to LaCock in the pitcher's last inning in the majors? LaCock apparently told the story often enough that many years later in an Old Timers' Game, Gibson drilled the batter.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE

But did you ever hear the story about Hall of Famer Bob Gibson --- by many accounts the definition of a competitor -- who surrendered a grand slam to LaCock in the pitcher's last inning in the majors? LaCock apparently told the story often enough that many years later in an Old Timers' Game, Gibson drilled the batter.

Knew about the former (thank you, Topps), but not the latter. It makes perfect sense for Gibson. Fierce competitor. He was one of those players that, if I hadn't seen him play, I would have felt cheated. Same with Aaron, Kaline, Robinson (x2), McCovey and a knot of others. Nothing like watching Gene Garber, Al Hrabosky, and Luis Tiant pitch, too. Golden Age, for me.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

Bob Gibson was a bad man.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad