OT: DFF's Hockey Name Hall of Fame (also: best and worst hockey names)

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
I have both these cards and as a kid I couldn't stop laughing at the site of them (thought they were brothers)....but Juha's name I always thought was bad but the pic made it worse I think..

juhawiding.jpg

$T2eC16F,!yUE9s6NEG6TBRns(!D!Ng~~60_57.JPG

:laugh::laugh:

Jordin Tootoo (sound like a ballet dancer)
Grant Clitsome (no explanation needed)
Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond (Sounds so snobby)

Sounds like a bad WWF gimmick.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Done, I hope that meets your expectations.

Would have preferred we kept the DFF Hockey Name Hall of Fame title, but whatever!

Also, maybe there should be some sort of hockey moustache/beard/mullet hall of fame since nothing else seems to be going on this offseason...

Last edited by a moderator:

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
I'd also throw Nino Niedderrieter's hat into the rink.

Also James "Rocket" Power

And Morris Titanic and this excerpt from his Wikipedia page :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morris_Titanic
He posted no points in 19 career NHL games with the Sabres, but later distinguished himself with the International Hockey League's Milwaukee Admirals. A knee injury sunk Titanic's career during the 1979–80 season while he was playing for the Rochester Americans.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I'd also throw Nino Niedderrieter's hat into the rink.

Also James "Rocket" Power

And Morris Titanic and this excerpt from his Wikipedia page :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morris_Titanic

He posted no points in 19 career NHL games with the Sabres, but later distinguished himself with the International Hockey League's Milwaukee Admirals. A knee injury sunk Titanic's career during the 1979–80 season while he was playing for the Rochester Americans.

"Owww, my knee! I need ice!"

BAM!!! Glug, glug, glug.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
One of the toughest names in league history, which surprisingly hasn't been listed yet, is Butch Goring. What's more testosterone-laden than Butch? Then the sheer violence of Goring is priceless.

When I lived in Winnipeg I met him in an elevator with my bro...I was just a little kid. Had no clue who he was. My brother did of course..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad