TV: Dexter

Ruston*

Vogel appearing in this final season is no coincidence. She is the brains behind the code. She is Dexter's "creator," hence calling him "perfect...you are exactly what you are meant to be" in the season preview. She brings his story full circle.

We all believed the final season would be Deb taking down Dexter, but it will be Deb vs Vogel: Vogel wanting to protect her "creation" and Deb wanting to punish her for 1) taking away Dex's life by turning him into a mere killing device rather than attempting to reform him and 2) for claiming her father's life, who committed suicide in anguish over what his son had evolved into and the role he played in that evolution. Dexter, of course, will die in the battle...protecting his sister, the only person who has always had his back, even at the cost of her own sanity/ principles. Evidence of Vogel's "work" will come to light, and she will be jailed (if not, executed) for the Bay Harbor Butcher murders, sending Dexter to his final resting place an innocent man.

Book it.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Vogel appearing in this final season is no coincidence. She is the brains behind the code. She is Dexter's "creator," hence calling him "perfect...you are exactly what you are meant to be" in the season preview. She brings his story full circle.

We all believed the final season would be Deb taking down Dexter, but it will be Deb vs Vogel: Vogel wanting to protect her "creation" and Deb wanting to punish her for 1) taking away Dex's life by turning him into a mere killing device rather than attempting to reform him and 2) for claiming her father's life, who committed suicide in anguish over what his son had evolved into and the role he played in that evolution. Dexter, of course, will die in the battle...protecting his sister, the only person who has always had his back, even at the cost of her own sanity/ principles. Evidence of Vogel's "work" will come to light, and she will be jailed (if not, executed) for the Bay Harbor Butcher murders, sending Dexter to his final resting place an innocent man.

Book it.

Fantastic. I love these kind of deeply thought out plot schemes.

Any chance that Hannah figures into any of this?

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
Does Dexter even care about the code anymore? He can easily kill her. And who drew those pictures? Dexter when he was a child?

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere

Book it.

Quite the theory. I guess we will see.

Reading that reminded me very much of the plot of Buffy season 4. :laugh:

Eleven

Solid As The Sun
Sep 22, 2009
Ohio
Does Dexter even care about the code anymore? He can easily kill her. And who drew those pictures? Dexter when he was a child?

My guess was that she was Dexter's Brothers' doctor. He drew those. I also guessed that she was the one that came up with the code in the first place to help Harry control Dexter.

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
Vogel is the first? I dont think she is that old... :laugh:

HAHAHA. I might have the wrong season. I meant to say that Vogel is Professeur Walsh and Dexter is Adam. Obviously I'm reaching, but there were parallels in my mind at least.

Everlasting

Jun 5, 2010
Somwhere in time
HAHAHA. I might have the wrong season. I meant to say that Vogel is Professeur Walsh and Dexter is Adam. Obviously I'm reaching, but there were parallels in my mind at least.
That would would have been pretty intresting. Buffy has inspired countless of tv shows and the buisness in general. They even brought back Doctor who becuse of Buffy :yo::yo:

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton

He broke it for Hannah. He broke it out of rage. He was going to break it to protect himself from LaGuerta. So clearly he's flexible, but I don't think he'd do it unless he was given great reason too.

[spoil]She's not an enemy anyway, at least not initially. Harry consulted her when Dexter was young and she's sat on incriminating information for years. She's here to help him[/spoil]

Everlasting

Jun 5, 2010
Somwhere in time
Good episode, but not as good as the last one. A lot of questions was answered, but the episode seemed to be more of a build up for some larger events taking place in the following episode. So nothing extra special happend, but it was good.

Archangel

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
He broke it for Hannah. He broke it out of rage. He was going to break it to protect himself from LaGuerta. So clearly he's flexible, but I don't think he'd do it unless he was given great reason too.

[spoil]She's not an enemy anyway, at least not initially. Harry consulted her when Dexter was young and she's sat on incriminating information for years. She's here to help him[/spoil]

[spoil]I think she is the big baddy of the season. I also think Deb will kill Dexter in the end[/spoil]

member 51464

Vogel is the ultimate serial killer and is the one committing these murders. It all fits. Just wait. I'm calling it.

gunners14henry

Jan 29, 2012
Montreal
I have a feeling Vogel is behind everything but there's also a part of me that feels she would be too obvious of a choice. I'm hoping it's someone that we would least expect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad