TV: Dexter

AddMan3001

Don't poke the bear!
Sep 16, 2007
Cambridge, ON
Good first episode, really set the stage in several ways for the season.

Loved seeing Dexter lose control. Just seems like with everything that's happened it only makes sense that he's going to go off the deep end, and Deb too. Seems like a showdown between the two in the end is looking more likely.

Kamal007

FEEL LIKE PABLO
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto
Batista's sister is just wow, holy ****.

While the episode was decent, I think this dynamic of the neuropsychologist could be interesting. Seems like she knew Harry and knew what dexter was when he was young, helping create the code for Harry to teach Dexter, due to her specialize.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
just watched it. solid episode but couldn't get to the laptop quick enough to disconnect it from thr tv and saw a preview for the next episode. gahh

Thesaurus

Lyrical Wordsmith
Dec 14, 2011
The Cosmos
Throwing an idea out here. Could Vogel potentially be the person extracting the part of the brain from the dead body? She's spent her whole life studying sociopaths so it would be fitting that she is would extract that part of the brain. Maybe she os sociopath herself and that's what makes her such an expert on the matter. She has a fascination with Harrys "code" and wants to learn more about Dex so she pops back up after years of being away and conveniently offers her services.

Just an idea...

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Throwing an idea out here. Could Vogel potentially be the person extracting the part of the brain from the dead body? She's spent her whole life studying sociopaths so it would be fitting that she is would extract that part of the brain. Maybe she os sociopath herself and that's what makes her such an expert on the matter. She has a fascination with Harrys "code" and wants to learn more about Dex so she pops back up after years of being away and conveniently offers her services.

Just an idea...

Shes prolly a serial killer herself. Birds of a feather

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
Vogel wants to know more about Harry's code from Dexter? I'm not sure if Dexter even knows the code anymore.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown

Just an idea...

That was the first thing I thought of too, but that would be all too convenient. I hope that's not it, but I do see her character being very interesting depending where it goes.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

Just an idea...

good theory, I could see that. also i wonder if maria contacted her about dex before deb did her in. she seemed to pick him out instantly. I feel like there will be a better back story then that she randomly contacted the lieutenant and wanted to work with them

committedindian86

Bedard SZN
Jun 7, 2010
Chicago, IL
Bringing this random FBI profiler in to stir up the pot seems like lazy writing to me. It would have been better if they tied her in earlier with Lundys investigation, so there was some kind of build up and at least some kind of history other than Matthews saying she helped on a case....

Well if the case was Dexters moms murder than that would be a good tie in.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Bringing this random FBI profiler in to stir up the pot seems like lazy writing to me. It would have been better if they tied her in earlier with Lundys investigation, so there was some kind of build up and at least some kind of history other than Matthews saying she helped on a case....

that would explain the paintings she had that dexter drew as a kid. unless they were from a previous season? and I just don't remembet them.

member 51464

It does come off a tad deus ex machina-like. But at least it is episode one and not the finale. We shall see!

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
I thought they made it out to be she was friends with Harry while working for Miami metro and knew about Dexter and the code Harry taught him

Probably explain more next episode and wanted to leave it on a bit of a cliffhanger

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan
I thought they made it out to be she was friends with Harry while working for Miami metro and knew about Dexter and the code Harry taught him

Probably explain more next episode and wanted to leave it on a bit of a cliffhanger

I'm thinking of this as well.

Or even a step further, she helped Harry write the code. From what we know, Harry is just a cop...and shouldn't know enough about a sociopath's mentality to come up with a suitable code for Dexter to live by. And that's why she recruited her for help.

DRWCountryClub

Jun 28, 2010
I liked the episode overall. Found the acting was a bit off at the start, but got better as the episode went on.

I used to hate Deb, but really think Carpenter has done a great job with her.

The end really caught me off guard, I didn't see it coming. Can't wait till next episode!

Archangel

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
Liked the first episode. Ramping brings and interesting aspect to what she knows an does not know and having Deb go off the rails should be fun

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Very interested to find out how this Vogel person knows so much about Dexter. I love this show and I've enjoyed every season so far. Judging by this thread I must have unconditional love for it or something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad