TV: Dexter

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
Watched the whole series a couple of years ago. Thought each season was disapointing in it's own way.

The thing that bothered me the most is they wasted the best villian the first season. How big a reveal would it have been to have the ice truck killer screwing around with Dexter for 2-3 seasons before the big reveal? It was more like oh hey it's your brother!

Also while John Lithgow was awesome I found season 4 to be quite boring with the exception of the end which was really good.

Other than that they still killed off Doakes way too fast.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Seeing the Ice truck killer screw around with Dexter for that long and it most certainly would be:

they stretched that stuff way too long. Boring after a while. Couldn't they just shorten it a bit and come up with other villians?

To me, it was just fine.

Timos Death Stare

Seek and Destroy
Aug 9, 2008
CA
[spoil]Honestly, I feel like this serious would have been a whole lot better with them 1.) finding out who he really is and hunting for him. 2.) getting caught and then 3.) getting executed.

It would have given them an opportunity to explore so much more with the characters - opportunities to grow, change, adapt, etc. [/spoil]

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Yeah i like what somebody else said about Deb having to raise Harrison and realizing he was a sociopath and teaching him the code.

That would have been neat

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Season 8 Episode 8 is painful to watch. Dexter and Hannah are driving and talking. The dialogue is terrible. I have invested so much time I want to finish the show but... :help:

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Do you guys work for Showtime? Cant let this thing die...

Just reminds me of how bad things got with this show

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I'm sure it's been said a million times but I can't think of a worse ending to a TV show, it was so bad I get angry thinking about it

Not that the show was an all time classic itself

It dipped up and down and tended to do the same thing every season

But still, wow that was a bad ending,

if you haven't finished it dont bother, the last season pretty much nothing happens and its full of side stories that are uninteresting and lead nowhere (which is the case with all the sidestories in all the seasons, but the last season ESPECIALLY)

If you have to watch the final season I would seriously recommend skimming and really leaning on that fast forward button

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Season 8 Episode 8 is painful to watch. Dexter and Hannah are driving and talking. The dialogue is terrible. I have invested so much time I want to finish the show but... :help:

Dexter's last kill was a pretty good scene. The rest of the season was awful. I kept watching because I was hoping it was building up to something. It really wasn't.

I hadn't really thought of the show in a while, but now I just want to start ranting about the various stupid things that happened in that season.

Might just watch the first three seasons again to remind myself of how awesome that show used to be.

Doakes-has-swag-640x420.jpeg

I miss Doakes.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
if you haven't finished it dont bother, the last season pretty much nothing happens and its full of side stories that are uninteresting and lead nowhere (which is the case with all the sidestories in all the seasons, but the last season ESPECIALLY
Alright looks like I'm gonna skip it, even though I watched 7 seasons of this show already.

- Nobody

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Alright looks like I'm gonna skip it, even though I watched 7 seasons of this show already.

- Nobody

dexter isn't even one of my favorite shows, but the ending was so bad it shortened my life span

If I had a choice between rewinding time to make the seahawks win the Super Bowl or preventing myself from watching the final season of Dexter it would be a tough choice

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

1) Season 4
2) Season 1
3) Season 6
4) Season 3
5) Season 2

6) Season 5

7) Season 7

8) Season 8

Mine...

1) Season 4
2) Season 3
3) Season 1
4) Season 2
5) Season 6

6) Season 5

7) Season 7

8) Season 8

Anyway, I am 3 episodes into Season 8 and I predict:

A) Dexter will survive the finale - but by the slimmest of margins. They will want to keep the possibility of a Season 9.

B) Charlotte Rampling will be a bad guy and a serial killer.

C) Debra will die.

We'll see... (* No comments, either Yay or Nay, please. Right or wrong, I want to be surprised. *)

Well, 2 out of 3 aint bad.

I can't wait until you see what happens.

I just finished. It was a struggle. As for the lumberjack at the end, I didn't mind that part of the finale. Everything else was horrible. The worst part and LOL moment :

When Batista questions Dexter about the stabbing and what he was doing in the cell, Dexter says, "I went in there to perform a GSR test", to which Batista replies, "But you don't even work here..." :laugh:

Not sure how anyone kept a straight face.

Last edited by a moderator:

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

If they ever bring the show back, I want a job as a writer because, obviously, anyone can do it...

Me : Okay, here's an idea. Dexter is about to get caught but aliens beam him out of danger, into their space ship, where there is another serial killer. They battle to the death while the aliens cheer.

Writer # 2 : I like it !!!

Writer # 3 : See guys... that is why I brought him on board. He's always thinking. Aliens is a great idea and no one will see it coming.

Me : And... maybe... Dexter's been an alien all along?

Writer 2 and 3 : Get the producers in here because that is PERFECT!!!!

Then I get a huge raise. :naughty:

The New Originals

Feb 10, 2006
A.V. Land
Can someone do me a solid and get me a .gif of Dexter using the computer program to morph the baby's face into the adult face of season 8's villain, whatever his name is?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad