Confirmed with Link: Devin Setoguchi indefinitely suspended by the Ontario Reign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Mays Here*

Parise, Koivu, you can come back. Heater, don't really care. Bobby Ryan will come running at the chance to play on our 1st line when he hears that he won't have to compete with the ********ng All-Star. :sarcasm:

Dudicles

Oct 1, 2010
So if there is no NHL season this year, Seto is going to rejoin the team during a playoff push (or playoffs, I don't know the league's schedule) and knock someone off the roster? Probably the dude he already knocked off the roster by joining the team in the first place so he would have something to do during the lockout.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
So if there is no NHL season this year, Seto is going to rejoin the team during a playoff push (or playoffs, I don't know the league's schedule) and knock someone off the roster? Probably the dude he already knocked off the roster by joining the team in the first place so he would have something to do during the lockout.

Could happen a lot more in the future as more blue-collar NHL players decide they need work..any work.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
sounds like a win/win situation though...i'm sure the coach is glad to have him on the roster at all and seto get's to practice and work out under a more relaxed situation than he's usually in. Players and coach would probably rather he be there the whole time but some Seto is better than no Seto.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
I find the first page of this thread pretty amusing. Everyone jumps all over it before knowing what's going on. I know it blows not having much to talk about, but cripes.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
no one is going to give him the benefit of the doubt because he has a reputation for being a little "looser" with team etiquette, and for the fact that he's come off as fairly douchey and a touch stupid during the lockout. Nothing strange at all about gun-jumping reactions.

651*

WTH is he doing playing in the ECHL???

Are all our guys playing in lesser leagues?

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
I, for one, stand by exactly what said. I'd rather not see him in a Wild sweater again. But that's just how I view him as a player and the way he portrays himself.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
In the sense of most people, I agree. It's commonplace. Doesn't make it right.

in the "hockey community" value is placed on team spirit and attitude, and one person getting special treatment over his teammates is going to rub people the wrong way no matter if that special treatment makes sense situationally or not. so a guy who can just leave for christmas and come back no problem while his teammates are still practicing and playing is dickish in context. Seto assumes special treatment and gets it. No one likes it when stars get special treatment (drawing more calls, usually) in the NHL...This is an extension of that. It is "right" and reasonable (if you subscribe to idea that players should be treated equally on a team regardless of skill) to criticize Seto for taking extra days off. edit: extra days off for extra partying. No one minds when someone gets to leave when a family member is born or dies.

Last edited:

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
I, for one, stand by exactly what said. I'd rather not see him in a Wild sweater again. But that's just how I view him as a player and the way he portrays himself.

agree, i don't much care for him, his attitude post trade rubbed me the wrong way, you can tell his heart stayed in SJ too.

Seto for Braun and 2nd and James sheppard....

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009

ummm 2 reasons...

1st look at these stats specially the bolded....

gp g a pts PIM +/-
27 7 9 16 44 -1

2nd and this is the big one...

i sense that Nordy will sustain an injury this year, we currently don't have a backup on contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad