Confirmed with Link: Devin Setoguchi indefinitely suspended by the Ontario Reign

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Didn't he go out and party with some San Jose players last year and get suspended by Yeo for a game? I wonder if this could be a similar situation?

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Dude sure knows how to get himself in trouble. :laugh:

Maybe they saw his shoot-out attempt in Montreal? :sarcasm:

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
i'm sure he figured he could just do whatever the **** he wanted...not go to practice, ignore the coach, etc. He seems like a guy who thinks a little too highly of himself.

With the alleged Turris comments, other NHLrs coming home early, and this you'd think life outside the NHL isn't as rosy as some people would like everyone to believe.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
we can't libel now? wth. that's speculation, btw, not libel.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
What happened here is yet to be seen but over his short tenure with this team he's made it a bit difficult to be a fan of his.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Let's not get into libeling but yeah, he did get suspended once by the Wild last season.

Don't remember if a reason was given. Might try to look at Russo's archives.
He was out partying with friends and missed a team meeting the next morning. He has a bit of a history in that regards, but we'll save that for another day. I'm sure there are quite a few NHLer's who are looking at their stints with these minor league teams as no big deal. Maybe taking it too lightly.

Another thing to consider is that Seto has been documented as breaking a stick or two during an angry fit during practice as well as smashing his guitars out of frustration for other reasons. Maybe he got ticked about something and just told off the coach or threw a water cooler on the ice. ;) I'd sure love to smash a guitar right now.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
not really in his defense at all but i can imagine it might be difficult for a guy with a healthy self esteem to take criticism from some minor league coach. A lot of guys could do it, but then a lot of guys would just pack it in in a "i don't need this crap." kind of way. especially as he was probably just using this as exercise. not the ideal attitude if that's the case, but understandable. i'm sure the players' nerves are wearing thin, too.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
i hope Russo can take some time from his busy schedule of not covering the NHL to respond. don't want to inconvenience him with some hockey related news

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
that Devan Setocoochie feller is a cat smuggler who likes ladies armpits a little too much.
slander?

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Russo

Setoguchi, who turns 26 New Year's Day, says it's as simple as he decided not to play during the holidays and there was no incident that caused a suspension. He says it was announced as a suspension so this way the Reign doesn't have to pay him but retains his rights in case he decides to come back if the NHL season is canceled.

"It's not like I got suspended for doing something," Setoguchi said. "[The coach] wants to keep me on the roster, but this way no one else can pick me up."
Ehhhh....sorry....but not cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad