Confirmed with Link: Devin Setoguchi indefinitely suspended by the Ontario Reign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
I remember Russo apologizing about his (at least implied) accusations that Seto missed the morning meeting because of partying with his SJ friends back then. I can't remember if it was ever told what actually happened, though.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Heh, I was kidding in that post.

I know it's not cool doing that. We obviously know he wouldn't have done it in the NHL.
Oh I knew you were kidding. I was just voicing more displeasure is all. So stupid. Really helps that "greedy" image that many of those players have going for themselves. I'm sure there are a lot of minor league kids who would love to have the holidays off, but they push through it, because it means they still have a job playing a sport they love. And they do it for much smaller paychecks.

So much for that Player of the Month award, eh Seto? :laugh:

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I'm just all kinds of confused here.
Pretty simple really. Seto wants an extended break for the holidays. Should the NHL cancel the season, Seto may want to go back and play. The team suspends him as a solution allowing him to leave, not get paid, yet keeping him on the roster so no other team can pick him up should he return to that league later in the season.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
awww...family means more to him than playing in the ECHL. 8')

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Oh God, I probably posted (post #17) something I'd regret. :laugh:
28035937.jpg

:laugh::laugh:

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
More on Setoguchi's suspension from the Ontario side.

On Tuesday, the Minnesota Wild right wing told Reign head coach Jason Christie he wanted some time off, and Setoguchi was suspended by the team.

Per ECHL rules, he cannot be reinstated for at least 45 days.

In addition to the uncertainty surrounding the lockout, Christie said that Setoguchi was going to San Jose for a personal reason unrelated to hockey. By suspending Setoguchi rather than releasing him, the Reign can add a player to their roster without losing his ECHL rights.

Christie left the door open for Setoguchi to return.

"We talked about maybe down the road, if nothing happens, in playoffs," the coach said

Might happen if they all become UFA's. :sarcasm:

That would be the most Minnesota sports thing ever.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
That would be the most Minnesota sports thing ever.
Can you imagine losing everybody after this team is starting to turn the corner? Koivu, Parise, Suter, Brodz, Backs, Clutterbuck, Cullen, Harding, Heatley, Seto, Spurg, Gilbert, and then some all swiped off the board. To go from celebrating the unthinkable on July 4th to losing nearly everyone. There wouldn't be enough bridges in this town to jump off of.

If it came to that, the league would be destroyed. Absolutely destroyed.

Wild48

Ski U Mah
Nov 10, 2011
Duluth
Can you imagine losing everybody after this team is starting to turn the corner? Koivu, Parise, Suter, Brodz, Backs, Clutterbuck, Cullen, Harding, Heatley, Seto, Spurg, Gilbert, and then some all swiped off the board. To go from celebrating the unthinkable on July 4th to losing nearly everyone. There wouldn't be enough bridges in this town to jump off of.

I'd be done with the NHL. I didn't invest (waste) this much of my life following the careers of these guys, reading about them to watch them all walk away.

College hockey entertains me a lot. I have more than filled the void even though I can't get Gopher games on a regular basis, I'm happy watching Mankato State play bemidji, or even Div 3 hockey.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN

I'd be done with the NHL.

I don't care if every other team but the Wild released all of their players, I would still be done with the NHL. A league cannot be run the way it has been.

Even though I feel like a good portion of Minnesota players would come home, I would just not be able to watch it. Nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad