3 stars of the game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
With Johnsson's play picked up. Who else could you argue has been the worst?

It's either Gusev, Zacha, or Palms.

At least among thr guys who play every night. Boqvist and Merkley don't play every night.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Gusev is tied for 2nd on the team in shots with Miles Wood. I mean he's not playing particularly well but calling him the worst player on the team is beyond hyperbolic.

Subban 27
Wood 24
Gusev 24
Severson 23
Palmieri 21
Zacha 19
Hughes 19

It isn’t hyperbole to say Gusev has been the worst forward on the team. Unless you’re including Boqvist or Merkley that have only played 3 games, no one has contributed less. His shots haven’t been good scoring chances. And he’s getting caved in defensively.

With Johnsson's play picked up. Who else could you argue has been the worst?

It's either Gusev, Zacha, or Palms.

At least among thr guys who play every night. Boqvist and Merkley don't play every night.
Gusev is dreadful statistically, it’s not even a close call whose the doing the worst. His PDO does suggest he’s snakebitten in a big way.

PDOs
Gusev: .898 (Volume shooter just shooting away, he is way past due.)
Bratt: .916 (Really feeling that, it’s only been three games but it seems almost impossible that he hasn’t scored a goal yet.)
Subban: .941
Severson: .952
Zacha: .960 (I mean, the net was open buddy.)
Zajac: .962
Palmieri: .973
Hughes: .993
Sharangovich: .996
Bastian: 1.022
Smith: 1.023
Kuokkanen: 1.026
Johnsson: 1.034
Wood: 1.134 (Turns out Wood will likely not sustain his 46 goal pace.)

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Gusev is tied for 2nd on the team in shots with Miles Wood. I mean he's not playing particularly well but calling him the worst player on the team is beyond hyperbolic.

Subban 27
Wood 24
Gusev 24
Severson 23
Palmieri 21
Zacha 19
Hughes 19
so Subbans better than Wood by your logic?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
so Subbans better than Wood by your logic?
I never said shots = better, but it certainly shows activity. And activity is certainly better than nothing like many other of the wingers on this team. I mean you have Johnsson with 8 shots on the year, Kuokkenan with 5, Boqvist with 3 in 5 games, Sharangovich with 10 playing with Hughes and averaging more time than Wood and Gusev....

Gusev producing 24 shots in 14:08 of ice time is a contribution...How big is debatable...That is certainly a far cry from worst player on the team and I don't think his shooting percentage is going to stay zero.

Last edited:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
How do you figure that?
I don't think McLeod is a NHL player. At least not long term...I see McLeod very much like Beau Bennett, not necessarily style, more career path, but the same career path because of the same deficiencies ...And truth be told I think Bennett was much more talented than McLeod

Last edited:

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I don't think McLeod is a NHL player. At least not long term...I see McLeod very much like Beau Bennett, not necessarily style, more career path, but the same career path because of the same deficiencies ...And truth be told I think Bennett was much more talented than McLeod

The two don't even have a remotely similar career path now. Beau Bennett played 44 games in the AHL and most of that was during the NHL lockout in 2012. They're not remotely alike as players either and the only deficiency they both share is goal scoring ability.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
We have 2 cornerstone centers for likely the better part of the next decade...I’m not worrying about McLeod. I’m pleasantly surprised that he actually looks useful. If all he becomes is a decent energy 4th liner, that’s fine.

Reactions: glenwo2

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
I never said shots = better, but it certainly shows activity. And activity is certainly better than nothing like many other of the wingers on this team. I mean you have Johnsson with 8 shots on the year, Kuokkenan with 5, Boqvist with 3 in 5 games, Sharangovich with 10 playing with Hughes and averaging more time than Wood and Gusev....

Gusev producing 24 shots in 14:08 of ice time is a contribution...How big is debatable...That is certainly a far cry from worst player on the team and I don't think his shooting percentage is going to stay zero.
Gusev looks bad to me, real bad, I'm not one to go to an Excel sheet and crunch numbers, I mean the guy is shanking shots, falling down, passing the puck to the opposing team, making an easy zone exit a task and a half. I just think he looks terrible and could ride the pine for a few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad