Post-Game Talk: Devils win! Devils 5 - Sabres 3

3 stars of the game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Gusev has literally been the forward on the team.

He might even be the worst player on the entire team right.

What a shitbag.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The difference between Gusev and Palmieri is that Gusev doesn’t have a track record of more than a year. Palmieri has been in the league for 8 or so years, Gusev has been in the league since last year and whatever we’ve gone through this year.

Gusev has an even smaller track record of NHL games played than Johnsson does. And he’s been as bad as Johnsson was for the first 6 games for all 9 games now.

Gusev is clearly the real space junk trash on the team currently. Reminds me of the second coming of Ponikarovsky. Maybe they’re cousins or something?

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
See your point....Time will tell I hope Ruff stays true to form that competition will rule for spots if you don't produce next man up.

Devils Army

Rebuild Over.
Feb 3, 2014
New Jersey
Painful for sure. But in his defense, this doesn't even happen but for his initial play of stealing the puck.
Honestly I've always been a Zacha defender and will continue to do so here. He creates that play and sets up a teammate in the slot and just does not expect a pass back there. Should he have? Yeah probably, but that pass was in his skates and he really had to adjust to it. It obviously looks bad but its more an analogy for Zachas career than anything. A nice defensive break-up, good pass, and then the final execution isn't there. Whatever...

Jack Hughes is good.

Reactions: Mgd31

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
With all the expiring forward contracts this offseason and an expansion draft that may cost NJ a McLeod, the team may need Zacha to play a bottom six center role. Sure they can get someone and maybe Zajac returns but until then the Devil you know is the usual choice in these scenarios.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
With all the expiring forward contracts this offseason and an expansion draft that may cost NJ a McLeod, the team may need Zacha to play a bottom six center role. Sure they can get someone and maybe Zajac returns but until then the Devil you know is the usual choice in these scenarios.

It won't cost them McLeod because they will protect him and expose Zacha.

I would bet one of Butcher or Zacha gets snatched.

Reactions: glenwo2

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
It won't cost them McLeod because they will protect him and expose Zacha.

I would bet one of Butcher or Zacha gets snatched.

I could see that but you need guys to expose and the way the contracts line up they may need to keep Zacha for the expansion draft similar to Butcher. I know it’s easy to want to trade Zacha right now but this season teams need guys like that they can expose and be comfortable they are essentially just depth players

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Gusev is tied for 2nd on the team in shots with Miles Wood. I mean he's not playing particularly well but calling him the worst player on the team is beyond hyperbolic.

Subban 27
Wood 24
Gusev 24
Severson 23
Palmieri 21
Zacha 19
Hughes 19

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Gusev is tied for 2nd on the team in shots with Miles Wood. I mean he's not playing particularly well but calling him the worst player on the team is beyond hyperbolic.

Subban 27
Wood 24
Gusev 24
Severson 23
Palmieri 21
Zacha 19
Hughes 19
But who doesn't like hyperbole?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I could see that but you need guys to expose and the way the contracts line up they may need to keep Zacha for the expansion draft similar to Butcher. I know it’s easy to want to trade Zacha right now but this season teams need guys like that they can expose and be comfortable they are essentially just depth players

Oh they are not trading Zacha this season. Same for Butcher. They have little trade value and they still have uses here as depth players if guys get hurt or more guys go down with Covid.

Reactions: My3Sons

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
It isn’t hyperbole to say Gusev has been the worst forward on the team. Unless you’re including Boqvist or Merkley that have only played 3 games, no one has contributed less. His shots haven’t been good scoring chances. And he’s getting caved in defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad