Post-Game Talk: Devils WIN? Comeback of the year candidate. Devils win 4-3 vs. Bruins

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
The puckhandling was probably more important even. When he lofted the puck along the boards past like three players at some point early in the game I sighed cause we ain't NEVER getting that from Cory :laugh:

Cory will definitely learn from Marty in this regard but any of us would be mistaken if we think we'll ever get a goalie near Marty puck handling wise. It has been talked about over and over again but I still think his puck handling is understated :laugh:

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Cory will definitely learn from Marty in this regard but any of us would be mistaken if we think we'll ever get a goalie near Marty puck handling wise. It has been talked about over and over again but I still think his puck handling is understated :laugh:

was it me or did Marty's stick handling look way better last night? I mean I've come to see this part of his game as getting pretty sloppy in recent years, but last night(and I didn't see the entire game) I thought it was excellent.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Asset management.

Lou already lost someone for nothing and even though sending a guy down like Harrold makes sense, he may also be lost for nothing, which Lou probably doesnt want to have happen again.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
was it me or did Marty's stick handling look way better last night? I mean I've come to see this part of his game as getting pretty sloppy in recent years, but last night(and I didn't see the entire game) I thought it was excellent.

It wasn't just you. I thought Marty's puckhandling really helped the team's possession game. The Boston commentators said that NJ had more offensive zone possession time in the 2nd period than any team had in Boston all year, and IMO, Brodeur's outlet passing was one reason for that.

id give Harrold away for free gladly

If it's for Gelinas, I agree. It's not like Harrold has some untapped potential. Though I really think Fayne is the odd man out.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
If we waive Harrold I doubt anyone would even pick him up, and if they do oh well he's been awful. No loss there.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
I love how matter of fact and pragmatic elias is. Our PP didn't do anything amazing tonight (although we got some key FO wins), the pucks just happened to find their way in.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
It wasn't just you. I thought Marty's puckhandling really helped the team's possession game. The Boston commentators said that NJ had more offensive zone possession time in the 2nd period than any team had in Boston all year, and IMO, Brodeur's outlet passing was one reason for that.

How bout that pass on the pp late in the game, didn't even see him make it cause the camera hadn't caught up to the puck. Looked like a dump in but Marty had it back on a Devils stick at mid ice in no time.

Had a couple others where he worked it around a Bruin fore checker that were real nice as well.

I've been a little critical of this aspect of Marty's game in recent years. Don't know if being the backup has allowed/forced him to refocus? But I thought he looked real good last night.

downtown56

Mar 5, 2008
How bout that pass on the pp late in the game, didn't even see him make it cause the camera hadn't caught up to the puck. Looked like a dump in but Marty had it back on a Devils stick at mid ice in no time.

Had a couple others where he worked it around a Bruin fore checker that were real nice as well.

I've been a little critical of this aspect of Marty's game in recent years. Don't know if being the backup has allowed/forced him to refocus? But I thought he looked real good last night.

There was one play where players were fighting for the puck behind the net and Marty came out behind the net to move it along. He seemed more aggressive with the puck handling.

Gunnar Stahl 30

...In The World!
Dec 9, 2006
Marty's Better
I have to watch the Devils games on replay because Directv decided last week to start blacking out all the Devils and Isles games for me. I can still watch the replay though (yay!..) so I recorded it and went out boozing last night. I watched it this afternoon and as I'm watching I'm thinking man we are due for a comeback against a good team.

Then my game stops with 3 minutes left cause I didn't record enough..I think everyone can figure out my reaction to that after seeing the final

NJDevils7

Feb 13, 2007
New York
From the Devils FB..."For the 4th time in team history we completed a comeback to win a game in regulation after trailing in the final two minutes of the third period."

When were the other times? I can only remember this game and the comeback against Toronto (SOMEHOW I MISSED BOTH OF THESE GAMES)

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
From the Devils FB..."For the 4th time in team history we completed a comeback to win a game in regulation after trailing in the final two minutes of the third period."

When were the other times? I can only remember this game and the comeback against Toronto (SOMEHOW I MISSED BOTH OF THESE GAMES)

That Toronto come back was... well, amazing.

Im also intrigued what were the other 2. Some 80s ****?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad