Post-Game Talk: Devils WIN? Comeback of the year candidate. Devils win 4-3 vs. Bruins

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Brodeur is obviously playing against Tampa.

what about the back to backs?Cory in Minnesota I think.

And maybe Toronto too.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
finally caught a break, but I think the Bruins took the night off

doesn't matter, a win is a win and it was nice to see PD coach the game like it was his last...it better continue

they always take a night off against the devils...it finally caught up to them. devils never took advantage of it until tonight.

Jossipov

Patty's Better
Oct 7, 2010
Bronx, NY
Yeah we did have 'one' win against Tampa...the Boucher gif game where he went psycho because we had a bunch of late power plays and I think a couple of 5-on-3's and won because of it.

LOL, and that extended powerplay also happened because a guy named Bergeron took a dumb penalty (Marc-Andre Bergeron served it) :laugh:

Still though, one of the goals was even strength and the other was actually scored short handed, so not a complete gift

Last edited:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Did they?
I remember going to a game against the Lightning last year where we tore them up pretty good. I think we're like 3-1-1 with them in our last 5.
That was the first time we played them last year. We won on a couple late PP's. Guy Boucher got a penalty for mouthing off to the refs from what I remember. The other two were bad. One game Moose played and got the hook for Kinkaid. Kinkaid's save on the Stamkos breakaway was the only good memory from that game. The other was a disaster down here. I was at that game. Blew two different two goal leads, they tied it with the goalie pulled andwon in the shootout. Volcenkov and Harrold were a joke that game. They were on the ice for all but the tying goal from TB. Tom Kostopoulos's penalty shot goal was the only good memory from that game. His only point as a Devil. That was also the new TB coach's first game as head coach.
The Nashville, Minny, and Tampa games are very winnable. The Philly game should be a win but I'm afraid that the law of averages will eventually kick in for them and they'll finally beat us much like what happened with us and Boston tonight. Toronto is an absolutely awful matchup for us right now. I can't see them going there and getting 2.

We always make Reimer look like Hasek. No way we beat the Laffs right now.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
huh.... both our wins have been in regulation on top-3 goalies

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
huh.... both our wins have been in regulation on top-3 goalies

Lundqvist was really bad that game. Rask was good tonight, but should have stopped the Brunner goal. He wasn't very happy after that one.

Marty definitely should have had the Lucic goal. I think he's given up more clean 5 hole goals this year than he did all of last year. The first two Boston goals were ridiculous breaks though.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Lundqvist was really bad that game. Rask was good tonight, but should have stopped the Brunner goal. He wasn't very happy after that one.

Marty definitely should have had the Lucic goal. I think he's given up more clean 5 hole goals this year than he did all of last year. The first two Boston goals were ridiculous breaks though.

its just funny we beat Rask and Lunds but get shutout by Montoya and beat by backups

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
LOL, and that extended powerplay also happened because a guy named Bergeron took a dumb penalty (Marc-Andre Bergeron served it) :laugh:

Still though, one of the goals was even strength and the other was actually scored short handed, so not a complete gift

Yeah we were up 2-1 in that game I think. Then we scored a couple PP goals. I think TB scored a second goal right after our fourth. I wanna say it was Nate Thompson too. I think he must have had a goal every game we played them last year. We make him look scarier than Stamkos and St Louis.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
its just funny we beat Rask and Lunds but get shutout by Montoya and beat by backups

Ewww that Montoya shutout still makes me sick. And the gaggle of Winnipeg fans who came over to stick up for their team when I said I can see them competing for the lottery this year. He's so good, yet they haven't frickin started him in another game since. Gee I wonder why?:laugh:

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Easily the best road game I've ever been to.. #2 was that game against the Islanders where we scored 2 with like two minutes left and won 2-1

Good Devils crowd tonight and all of our fans were going nuts when we won! So surreal to see something like this in person

5enu9a8y.jpg

Jedi

Jul 20, 2010
North Jersey
This was, like, the complete bizarro Devils game so far this season.

Come from behind rather than blow a lead.

Unstoppable PP.

I have no idea what happened here, or if this will lead to any momentum at all, but damn that was sweet :)

Also while I liked the Jagr signing, I certainly didn't expect this out of him. It's astonishing how strong he still is on the puck. Hopefully he doesn't slow down too much as the season goes on - at his age I'm sure he'll wear down, I just hope it isn't too much.

Of course the fact our two best forwards in Jagr and Elias have an average age of 39 isn't a great sign for our future...but those two are really playing great right now. Completely carrying our offense along with Zids.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Easily the best road game I've ever been to.. #2 was that game against the Islanders where we scored 2 with like two minutes left and won 2-1

Good Devils crowd tonight and all of our fans were going nuts when we won! So surreal to see something like this in person

5enu9a8y.jpg

Glad you had fun and got to see a win tonight!:handclap:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Jagr is on pace for almost 70 points this year. People can make fun of him and say he's washed up and should hang them up, but he's been damn good for us this year. Maybe he won't keep it up, but right now he's on pace for as many points as Kovalchuk was last year.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Jagr is on pace for almost 70 points this year. People can make fun of him and say he's washed up and should hang them up, but he's been damn good for us this year. Maybe he won't keep it up, but right now he's on pace for as many points as Kovalchuk was last year.

hes noooooot keeping a 70 point pace though imo

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
TBL and 2x PHI are winnable. if we can take a couple others to OT and maybe win its the start

A stick to the face and his flubbed shot won us this game. Lol he did play a lot better in the second half of the game. I got the sense he felt really bad and mad about the goal off his skate. He seemed to have a purpose after that.

I wouldn't read to much into Volch seeing the ice less in the third. Pete did that because he wanted offense out there. He put Zids and Gelly together for a few shifts.

Do you think Lou might try to sneak Tedy down now if he can't move a defenseman? We all know he is getting waived or traded once Clowe returns so maybe Lou rolls 8 dmen until Clowe gets back?

I have to think he will do whatever he can to keep Gelly up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad