GDT: Devils @ Wild - 8:00 PM - MSG+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
I think if he's fired this year, it's gonna be a while.

Still don't think he's back here for a minute of 2023-2024 if we miss the playoffs these next two years. There's still about 140-some odd games for that.

If we make the playoffs one of these next two years, he probably gets an extension like Hynes did and maybe even in the middle of a poor season like Hynes got in 18-19.

I don't even know how many years he's signed for, but just going by his age, I doubt he got a 5 year contract. It's probably 3-4 years. And he could have even gotten extended already, since coaches don't have to wait a year before their free agency to get an extension. They can be extended at any time.

I highly doubt he's gotten an extension though, unless his first contract was only for 1-2 years.

I think he's safe through this season but if we finish bottom 6-7ish I don't think he's brought back. I could be wrong but I thought his deal was reportedly 2 yrs ?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Tatar was our best player tonight
And the only forwards that played less than him were Bastian and Geertsen. All 5 minutes and 20-something seconds that he played for lol.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
This team is not ready to play early in games way way way too often.

It's even worse that they had a bag skate yesterday and still didn't come out ready to go.
Exactly. Tells me we are going south real quickly here. Problem is there has been no level of expectations for this team in 10 years. They accept being bad. And all the high draft picks mean nothing we r the Sabres.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think he's safe through this season but if we finish bottom 6-7ish I don't think he's brought back. I could be wrong but I thought his deal was reportedly 2 yrs ?
It's possible it was only for 2 years and if it was, I doubt he's been extended already, but who knows, maybe he has been so they didn't have to have him be a lame duck all year? GM's do that a lot.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
waterboy-we.gif

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Zacha,Govie,Kuok,Tatar ( until recently )

All no shows this yr

I get trying to force Jack to wing because the other options flat out suck at this point, but that clearly isn't working either.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It's possible it was only for 2 years and if it was, I doubt he's been extended already, but who knows, maybe he has been so they didn't have to have him be a lame duck all year? GM's do that a lot.

The assistants are gone this offseason. Special teams can't remain the way they are without some kind of change.

Thing is Ruff immediately becomes a lame duck once you fire the assistants. It's basically telling him he is next, and undermines his decision making.

Honestly at that point it just makes more sense to fire everyone. Ruff hasn't done anything to show he deserves more rope

Reactions: sattar18

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
When do the Devils play the Flyers again? The pit of despair and the mushy plateau of resigned indifference happens AFTER Christmas. Devils fan should have our own advent calendar for it.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
The assistants are gone this offseason. Special teams can't remain the way they are without some kind of change.

Thing is Ruff immediately becomes a lame duck once you fire the assistants. It's basically telling him he is next, and undermines his decision making.

Honestly at that point it just makes more sense to fire everyone. Ruff hasn't done anything to show he deserves more rope
Nas I think is fine, might get removed when a new HC comes in that wants his guys...but Nas isn't fire worthy straight up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad