Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra

y2STAgS.jpg

DEVILS (9-7-4) vs. WILD (15-6-1)
TV:
8 p.m. ET; Televised on MSG+2

Head-to-Head
The Devils and Minnesota Wild meet for the second and final time on the season. The two teams met Nov. 24, Thanksgiving Eve, in Newark with the Wild scoring a 3-2 shootout victory.

Minnesota scored two goals in the first period, but the Devils responded with a pair of tallies in the third period, including Yegor Sharangovich's goal with 1:07 left in regulation, to force the extra session.
The Devils haven't played in Minnesota since Feb. 15, 2019, a 5-4 overtime win. New Jersey hasn't lost in the state since March 10, 2015.

Devils team scope:
The Devils welcomed back star center Jack HughesTuesday night after he missed the previous 17 games due to a left dislocated shoulder. Despite Hughes' return, as well as a new eight-year, $64-million contract extension, the Devils fell, 5-2, to San Jose.

Devils head coach Lindy Ruff skated his team hard at practice Wednesday afternoon in an attempt to get his Devils out of a 2-4-2 skid.

Winger Andreas Johnsson leads the team in goals (9) and point (18), while Jesper Bratt has a team-high 12 assists. Bratt is riding an active five-game scoring streak with seven points (2G-5A). He also has points in nine of his last 10 games (4G-9A).

Wild team scope:
The Wild are playing in their fourth contest of a five-game homestand. Minnesota opened with victories against Winnipeg, 7-1, Tampa Bay, 4-2, and Arizona, 5-2. It finishes the homestand Saturday against Toronto.
The Wild have the best record in the Western Conference with 15 wins and 31 points. Minnesota finished the month of November on a 10-3-1 run.

Sophomore star Kirill Kaprizov leads the team with 18 assists and 25 points. Ryan Hartman has a team-best 12 goals. The team features 11 players with at least 10 points or more. Goaltender Cam Talbot is 12-5-0 with a 2.71 goals-against average and .914 save percentage.

By the Numbers:
The Devils have scored 30 goals in the third period, ranking first in the entire NHL as of Wednesday night.
The Wild are 8-2 at home this season, scoring four-plus goals in all eight victories while outscoring opponents 43-21 in those wins.

Injury Updates:

Devils

Jaros (hand)
Thompson (upper-body)
Wood (right hip)
Boqvist (upper-body)

Wild
Spurgeon (lower-body)

Last edited:

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Suter and Parise are going to have their way with us. Especially if we can't get a puck passed Backstrom. Gotta watch out for Kurtis Fosters bomb on the back end.
Pierre-Marc Bouchard and Benoit Pouliot are buzzing right now. Gotta keep a close eye on these guys.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Suter and Parise are going to have their way with us. Especially if we can't get a puck passed Backstrom. Gotta watch out for Kurtis Fosters bomb on the back end.
I don't think Foster ever played there while those guys were all there? At least not when Parise and Suter were there.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Wild are an opportunistic team and score in bunches. We played them very well in the first meeting and that does give me confidence in our chances. But, the Nashville and San Jose type effort just won’t cut it. It’ll be ugly if they have lapses like they did against the Sharks again tonight. Hope they bounce back.

Reactions: My3Sons

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Wild are an opportunistic team and score in bunches. We played them very well in the first meeting and that does give me confidence in our chances. But, the Nashville and San Jose type effort just won’t cut it. It’ll be ugly if they have lapses like they did against the Sharks again tonight. Hope they bounce back.
Wow, didn't notice Minny leads the league in GF. We dominated against them last week. Need them to show up again.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Ahaha OK it was you, I was wondering. You should do more of these for a GDT.

Ohh that's a great idea! A paint-themed GDT! If they lose tonight I can do it for the next game that's open.

I've been slacking on GDT's this year, gotta get my act together

Reactions: JK3

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
The Wild are on fire right now. They are 8-2 at home and are playing a very good brand of hockey. If we play like we did in the Sharks game , it will be a long night.
I'm hoping for a good effort for 60 mins. We will need a huge game from whomever is starting net and will need to out-goalie them. They are just too good offensively to be able to run and gun and expect to win.
Jack with 1g 1a
Mercer with a big night and gets 2g 1a .
Hamilton with 3a

Reactions: Devs3cups

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
The one player that shouldn’t be on the wing is on the wing lol. Ruffs a clown

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
The one player that shouldn’t be on the wing is on the wing lol. Ruffs a clown

Hes not a clown as they are trying to ease jack back in after missing 17 games. Makes tons of sense if you factor in the reality of the injury recovery, just like last game. Hughes was very rusty... Passes to turnovers. Wing game is simpler than center.

Its pretty smart actually.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Hes not a clown as they are trying to ease jack back in after missing 17 games. Makes tons of sense if you factor in the reality of the injury recovery, just like last game. Hughes was very rusty... Passes to turnovers. Wing game is simpler than center.

Its pretty smart actually.

It's not smart. He's flat out not a winger and looked worse on the wing than when he got moved back into the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad