GDT: Devils vs. Stars - 8:30 MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Don't want to overreact to a small sample size, but Blackwood looks really good.

Very impressive the way he kept his composure and continued to make big saves when that period really could've gotten away from him quick.

Its easy to handle your game when you're winning as a rookie/call up. I'm concerned how he handles a rough patch.. that will tell you alot about the goalie.

Reactions: MNDevilsfan

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Its easy to handle your game when you're winning as a rookie/call up. I'm concerned how he handles a rough patch.. that will tell you alot about the goalie.

Some in game adversity can also be telling, and he's done will this game despite being shelled for 35 minutes straight pretty much. But I agree, he'll go through a rough patch eventually and how he responds will be interesting to see.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Sorry, also if this was said earlier (came late into this GDT), but this game: I'm totally shocked at the physicality game NJ is playing tonight, its like out of nowhere. f***ing rocking dudes all over the place, heavy hits all game long. Suprised at that. Someone must be reading HFBoards...

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Some in game adversity can also be telling, and he's done will this game despite being shelled for 35 minutes straight pretty much. But I agree, he'll go through a rough patch eventually and how he responds will be interesting to see.

I agree, in game adversity is a test for all goalies, specifically younger ones. I'm referring to a winless streak... itll happen, and how you handle it is key. Do you rebound like a normal goalie, or do you let it go for 20 games like cory?

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Sorry, also if this was said earlier (came late into this GDT), but this game: I'm totally shocked at the physicality game NJ is playing tonight, its like out of nowhere. ****ing rocking dudes all over the place, heavy hits all game long. Suprised at that. Someone must be reading HFBoards...

I think it was Wood who got them going with that hit on Benn. They were asleep before hat to my eyes.

Reactions: OmNomNom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad