GDT: Devils vs. Stars - 5:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Please expose Lovejoy. So sick of the "oh he just isn't being used correctly" crap. He sucks. Simple fundamental things a defensive defenseman should be able to do....he can't do.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lovejoy telling Faksa "Watch it kid. Next time I slam it off the boards, its going to hit you in the face. Don't mess with the Reverend"

More like ''It's gonna hit you on your stick, make sure you bury it! You might have a tough time though! My goalies take GOOD care of me at even strength!''

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Please expose Lovejoy. So sick of the "oh he just isn't being used correctly" crap. He sucks. Simple fundamental things a defensive defenseman should be able to do....he can't do.

This is why I'm skeptical of him being better in a more reduced role.

The team would be better off for it, but would he? I don't think so....

I've been fine with not over-using Santini and Merrill early on, but if it's evaluation time, it's better to go all in and just ****ing use the **** out of both of them.

By playing Lovejoy this much, you're telling me you're TRYING TO LOSE! Or Hynes thinks he's really this good, which just means he's a dumbass.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This feels like the kind of game we're gonna blow in regulation, because we can't stay the **** out of the defensive zone.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And we have to take a penalty because we're pinned in and couldn't get the hell out of our end!

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Coleman and Pietila are not good penalty killers.

Neither is Lovejoy, but it's only been 5.5 months and I think he still gets more PK time than anyone else on the team.

Hynes likes players that play defense though and in his book, playing defense means staying stuck in the defensive zone and defending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad