Status
Not open for further replies.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
pI1w9.gif

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm gonna ding him on that one.

That was certainly stoppable, not a horrific goal but I've nailed Cory on that one multiple times this year and I've nailed Marty on that one too.

He probably did steal us a point though and was easily the best Devil today.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Coleman and Pietila are not good penalty killers.

Neither is Lovejoy, but it's only been 5.5 months and I think he still gets more PK time than anyone else on the team.

Hynes likes players that play defense though and in his book, playing defense means staying stuck in the defensive zone and defending.

These kids have played all of 20 (?) games. Give them a chance.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This game was the epitome of a John Hynes special.

Score the games first goal and lose, get pinned in the defensive zone for 75% of the game. Can't kill penalties at all. Did we even have a power play today? I don't remember.

Pietila and Coleman are terrible penalty killers. As is Lovejoy (who doesn't know that other than Hynes and Nasreddine?) and Henrique isn't so great himself.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
Lovejoy doesn't need to be exposed. He needs to be bought out. People don't even fully understand how much of a negative impact he's had on our defense.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Hah they don't even show the Devils on the Countdown to Clinch anymore, first team in the East to be officially eliminated?

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
Lovejoy/Moore with the combined -33 in chances today. Magic by them. 9 total chances with them on the ice, 42 chances against on the 5 on 5.

BoyBandFan

Mar 26, 2017
Eternal Hell
Great. Gonna watch Dano try to paint this turd of a game pink and sell it as great point. It's his job but he really should call out that Santini penalty.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
These kids have played all of 20 (?) games. Give them a chance.

Their ceilings aren't very high, even you said so last game.

So Coleman scores a goal and now he might not be so bad? He's a 25 year old probable career minor league player.

What good does Pietila do? Has speed and has a harder time finishing a breakaway than Tedenby and Zharkov?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lehtonen probably lost more water weight from his post game **** than he sweated out in this one.

Dude barely broke a sweat.

Biggest scoring chance aside from the Coleman goal was 0 goal (I know he has 1 technically but it wasn't deserved) Pietila and his second breakaway in as many nights.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hynes really is piece of **** coach. Also, Lovejoy needs to be bought out.

Lovejoy/Moore with the combined -33 in chances today. Magic by them. 9 total chances with them on the ice, 42 chances against on the 5 on 5.

Believe me when I say this. I'm not trying to be funny here, I'm not trying to break chops here, I'm not trying to troll or make people laugh or make myself laugh. I'm DEAD serious here.

I almost think Hynes tells the team he wants them to never pass up a chance at playing in the defensive zone, with how much time we spend playing in it and glued to it.

For evaluation purposes. He wants to see who stays in position, who boxes out, who takes the man, who blocks a shot. I'm dead serious here.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Andy Greene just told Stan in the post game that when he was first called up, Claude Julien called him Matt Greene and he didn't even correct him. Then 5 minutes later, he came back and apologized and called him Andy.:laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hynes says we have to have more offensive zone pressure, which he's right about.

The problem is that we've had a zillion games like this during this year.

He said tonight's game was on our offense, which I agree with, but it was also on the PK for being so terrible. It's been bad for weeks now, Coleman and Pietila have done a poor job on the PK. I'd keep them off of it, if anything. Lovejoy should have been second unit like 4 or 5 months ago.

It's hard to win a game 1-0 though and that's what it looked like we were going to have to do after awhile.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Hynes says we have to have more offensive zone pressure, which he's right about.

The problem is that we've had a zillion games like this during this year.

He said tonight's game was on our offense, which I agree with, but it was also on the PK for being so terrible. It's been bad for weeks now, Coleman and Pietila have done a poor job on the PK. I'd keep them off of it, if anything. Lovejoy should have been second unit like 4 or 5 months ago.

It's hard to win a game 1-0 though and that's what it looked like we were going to have to do after awhile.

Our transition game has been horrendous this season, and Hynes has done nothing to fix it. They are essentially running the same bad plays today as they have all year with the same bad results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad