GDT: Devils vs. Senators - 7:30 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Next two are pretty winnable.

The Jackets are plummeting.

Reactions: glenwo2

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So much for KK's hot streak
Hopefully Lack can get on one.

Not that I have too much confidence, but Eddie Lack was a prospect with a huge ceiling at one time. I don't think he's better than Kinkaid, but I think he's probably prone to a higher ceiling. His 14-15 season when Ryan Miller was injured was pretty damn good, even though it was unlike anything we ever saw from him again.

It looked like a bad move to trade him to Carolina, while keeping Miller instead. It looked like it might be the second younger, pretty good goalie (third if you include Luongo, who wasn't young) that they had sent out of town. The Carolina goalie coach seemed to tweak his game, where it shouldn't have been tweaked and he fell off hard. For what it's worth, Darling has been significantly worse than Lack.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I'd rather the losses come like this. This was more stupidity and individual mistakes more than anything.

Losses like this are just completely unacceptable. No way they shouldn't follow this up with a good performance.

Reactions: mdj12784

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Greene seriously was embarrassing in that whole situation. He just stopped grabbing at Burrows and that happened. And no one did anything after.

We just had a top 6 player get knocked out with a concussion less than 3 weeks ago because of an elbow, you would think they would stick up for the best player on the team.

They have had no issue killing odd man rushes with poorly timed fights like Lovejoy did tonight, but when the play is blown dead? The guy with the C on his chest, one of the supposed leaders on this team, just didn't give a f*** and stopped trying and Hall was mugged repeatedly punched and kneed in the head while down on the ice.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The only defense of Greene I can think of is the linesman that was trying to break it up was telling him to stay back.

That or he didn’t want it to turn into a bigger pile up?

Honestly that is all I got.

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
Any positive takeaways fromtonight? Didn't get to watch the game, driving cross country and missed it on the radio. Please say there were something good that happened tonight

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The only defense of Greene I can think of is the linesman that was trying to break it up was telling him to stay back.

That or he didn’t want it to turn into a bigger pile up?

Honestly that is all I got.

He would have probably gotten an extra for being the third man in. He tried to step in initially, then both players went to the ice, at which point Greene wasn't even looking, so he wouldn't have seen the knees to the head. Yeah it'd be nice if he went all Scott Stevens on Burrows' ass, but that's not the type of player he is.

Using that to blast his leadership and saying he should be stripped of the "C" is asinine though.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Any positive takeaways fromtonight? Didn't get to watch the game, driving cross country and missed it on the radio. Please say there were something good that happened tonight

No one got hurt. Hall is still hot. Zajac scored, Zacha and Wood still look good and capable of being dominant on the ice at times. Other than that, no.

The PP sucked yet again. Ward is trash. IDK what the f*** Hynes was doing putting Moore for almost twenty minutes when he was by far the worst player on it. He had a few seconds less than Vatanen who was leading the d in ice time.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I am so over Kinkaid, he never looks comfortable out there. He's shakey even when he's stopping the puck. The guy looks like a goofy nerd more than a professional athlete.

I want Lack to start Thursday and either trade or waive Kinkaid whenever Cory comes back. Lack showed more confidence in that one period than Kinkaid has all season.

Also its a fvcking disgusting shame that nobody attacked Burrows when the score was already out of hand.

Reactions: mtnet and mdj12784

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Meh. Kinkaid was fine for the three game win streak. He was due for a clunker, which is par for the course with backups.

Plus if you watched all 4 goals, majority weren’t really on him. 5 on 3 goal. A double deflection PP goal. Garbage defense by Moore.

D was bad on the 4th too, but that is the only really bad one. Would an extra save been nice? Sure. But the team can’t play that loose and stupid in front of the goalie and expect things to go well.

If he saves one of those, another most likely goes in at a different point due to blown coverage.

You send him back out there Thursday because Lack is simply a much worse option. Kink can at least give you a serviceable game most times, Lack isn’t.

It is just easier to simply blame the goalie, and the meme on this board is 100% of all goals are somehow the goalies fault every time and it is never the skaters fault, or simply a great shot.

I am not saying Kink has had a good year. Far from it, but recently he has been serviceable and it isn’t as simple tonight to dump the whole game on him.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Kinkaid blows. If he doesn't do that stupid slide on the one goal he could have made the save. We didn't win any of those 3 games because of him. I refuse to make excuses for a goalie I have no confidence in and hate seeing in net. I'd give Lack a shot, he can't and won't be much worse.

Reactions: mtnet

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
My biggest pet peeve with the way they play defense this year is how easily they overcommit to one side of the ice.

Everyone will commit to one side following the puck and always leave someone wide open on the other side and the goalie is left out to dry.

It happened twice on two goals tonight and a few other times they were lucky didn’t go in. Someone please figure out they shouldn’t do this anymore.

Stay with your man and stick in your lane.

Reactions: NJ07102

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
That's exactly the major problem this defense has. It happened countless times this season and is something they just have to stop doing. Last night Moore for example does exactly that and it leads to a totally unnecessary goal leaving the guy on his side wide open.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
That's exactly the major problem this defense has. It happened countless times this season and is something they just have to stop doing. Last night Moore for example does exactly that and it leads to a totally unnecessary goal leaving the guy on his side wide open.

Moore might be the worst offender on the team, he was last night for sure. But honestly they all have done it at various points this year.

I can’t imagine how many goals are a result of them being so easily pulled out of position chasing the puck.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Pretty sick and tired of our guys getting targeted every game and nobody doing a damn thing about it

Reactions: Maine Fan

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Watching all these goals against again.

First goal wasn't as bad as I originally gave him hell for, but it was still stoppable. It was a one timer, he wasn't really over yet, but it was stoppable. It was forgivable compared to some of the others.

Third goal was BAD. He leaves the short side open way too much this year. Same thing happened against the Rangers, where he was hideous back in September and had a huge part in that being a blowout.

And while the first goal looks more forgivable with each viewing, the fourth goal looks more unforgivable with each viewing. All he had to do was not try to impersonate Marty on that play, and he had the potential to make a really good save on that one. He probably would have had it if he didn't kamikaze himself there. Started the 2nd period with two hideous rebounds (usually the one strength in his game this year) and didn't know where the hell they were, he's lucky he didn't get that fourth goal against scored on him in the opening minutes of the period. About 20-30 seconds before the goal that got him yanked was scored, he had a shot go either through his legs or through his arm and it dribbled wide of the net, while Steve said ''That's another big save''.

Breakaway goal on Lack was also stoppable. Goaltending was a huge problem in this game and the warts made by other players are not really noticed if we get saves on at least some of these shots. I'd like to see Lack start next game. See if he can pull a Wedgewood and stick it to the team that gave up on him earlier this season. Hynes gave Kinkaid enough rope/benefit of the doubt/chance to bounce back by leaving him in there to start the 2nd.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Moore might be the worst offender on the team, he was last night for sure. But honestly they all have done it at various points this year.

I can’t imagine how many goals are a result of them being so easily pulled out of position chasing the puck.

I think it might be a byproduct of trying to pressure more in the defensive zone. This defensive corps isn't really all that strong defensively either. Vatanen, Severson, Moore, and Butcher are better out of their own zone than in it. Greene is old and Lovejoy is...well...Lovejoy. And the forwards aren't always on the ball in helping out the defense either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad