Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylan9z9

May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ
A stinker, flush it, but here are some things I'm worried about:

- Kinky's lateral movement looked terrible
- Lack's reflexes looked terrible
- Butcher's passing was actually meh tonight and I really hope he improves his footspeed over the summer
- Boyle's puck retrieval and overall play have really dropped
- Green seems to be demoted but Moore had a stinker

Oh well.
The C needs to go to #9 without a doubt!

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't think he'll single it out when there was so much stupid to go around, but it'll be interesting to see if he goes back with KK (probably). I'd give Lack a try, I mean sure he looked bad on the breakway but the freaking breakaway goal was the only one he gave up.
He BETTER not go back to Kinkaid next game. He looked shaky all night long, even when he wasn't allowing goals. A shot squeaked through his 5-hole and went wide (I think it went through his 5-hole or arm) about 20-30 seconds before the last goal got scored on him that got him yanked. That's just one example. I'm pretty that was referred to as ''That's another big save by Kinkaid'' by Steve. He also was fighting the puck the entire time he was in there, he had problems on the short side (which Lack made a save on, in what might have been one of the two difficult shots he faced) tonight. He was letting out a lot of rebounds, which has been the ONLY positive of his game this year, is his rebound control. He was pathetic tonight, this is what happens when a backup (a poor one, at that) starts 4 games in a row, which is far beyond his capabilities. The same thing happened to him in 15-16 when he played a bunch while Cory was injured. A couple really good games, then he had a stinker in Columbus and Wedgewood got called up.

Maybe play him on Thursday and he tries to stick it to the Flames.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
there is minimal difference between lack and kinkaid. they are both borderline nhl backup goalies. the devils are no where near a sound defensive team and allow plenty of chances on net. goalies like pavelac and lack would have similar stats to kinkaid on this team. people expecting the world out of the backups is so unrealistic and wasting 50 posts per game thread about how the BACK UP goalie sucks is just ridiculous.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
It seems like most of the teams losses since the offsides debacles have been a result of them giving the game away rather than the other team earning the win.

Reactions: mtnet

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
most here think he doesn't belong in the nhl. theres a reason he is not the starter.
Not this year, he doesn't belong in the NHL. And that will be the reason that he's not a backup in the NHL, possibly as soon as next year.

Guy sucks.

It's not hard to find better goaltending that what he's given us this year. I wouldn't be surprised if Appleby was no worse than this, even if he was as bad.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Hope Hynes stops the ride the hot hand bullshit, because that hot hand certainly was low and weak on that Duchene goal and was flopping around on that 4th goal.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
there is minimal difference between lack and kinkaid. they are both borderline nhl backup goalies. the devils are no where near a sound defensive team and allow plenty of chances on net. goalies like pavelac and lack would have similar stats to kinkaid on this team. people expecting the world out of the backups is so unrealistic and wasting 50 posts per game thread about how the BACK UP goalie sucks is just ridiculous.
Lack might not be better than Kinkaid, but Kinkaid's hot streak is over. Perhaps Lack has one in him.

And while Lack hasn't been better than Kinkaid in his career (he did have one year starting for an injured Miller in Vancouver that was better than anything Kinkaid has ever done), he's also never had a season this poor either.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hope Hynes stops the ride the hot hand bull****, because that hot hand certainly was low and weak on that Duchene goal and was flopping around on that 4th goal.
I don't think he's the hot hand after this one.

Maybe Lack has a hot streak in him, maybe he doesn't.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And I think we've reached the climax of 7D for now.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Not this year, he doesn't belong in the NHL. And that will be the reason that he's not a backup in the NHL, possibly as soon as next year.

Guy sucks.

It's not hard to find better goaltending that what he's given us this year. I wouldn't be surprised if Appleby was no worse than this, even if he was as bad.

I know 1000x per game thread about how you feel on kinkaid.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Appleby was worse than Kinkaid over a the same period of time. And Lack was just as bad and worse. The Devils are a bad defensive team that play fast and loose. Put in a below average NHL goalie with that formula and you are going to get 3.00 GAA .890.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I'm not even sure what keith was trying to do on that 4th goal.

Hynes yelled at him when he got to the bench, I'd love to know what he said

Reactions: mtnet

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I know 1000x per game thread about how you feel on kinkaid.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Appleby was worse than Kinkaid over a the same period of time. And Lack was just as bad and worse. The Devils are a bad defensive team that play fast and loose. Put in a below average NHL goalie with that formula and you are going to get 3.00 GAA .890.
We had a below average defensive team last year, yet Kinkaid had a .916 save percentage and was passing the eye test.

We had a better defensive team in 15-16 than any team Kinkaid has played on, yet he was poor that year as well and failed the eye test. I don't think it's the team here, I think it's poor goaltending.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Pretty bad game from most players involved. We could really use Schneider back.

Edit: Thought Zacha played well. Hall was pretty solid as well.

Reactions: AlexTheDevilsFan

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I mean did anyone think Kinkaid wasn’t due for a stinker?
Honestly? With how poor he's been for the majority of the season, I figured that maybe he was due for a longer string of strong games, if not by complete accident and the puck just happening to him more often.

He had as many good starts in the past 3 games before this as he had all season before that. Outside of the last 3 starts before this, I think he was good against the Islanders a few weeks back, he was good against the Sharks and his best game of the season was his first game of the year against the Rangers. He was good against St. Louis, but he looked terrible in the shootout. He looked like Lack on the breakaway tonight during that shootout.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
i really don’t care for kinkaid but I didn’t have much of a problem with him on the first 3 goals. Goals one and three were really nice shots. Goal 4 was the annoying one. You’re not Brodeur or Hasek so don’t try to make saves like them. Other than that though, the team played pretty lousy in front of him to the point that a timely save on one of the goals probably doesn’t change the outcome tonight. Bad game made more annoying by the bush league Burrows incident.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
good album and all, but I just think the Stones owned rock n roll in the early 70's, after the Beatles broke up, Hendrix and Morrison died, Cream broke up, it was all theirs for a while

look back on the thread, i mentioned milli vanilli AND stones' majesty…..

and by the way, cream was great but clapton is and always was a f***ing wanker

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hall says Burrows punched him in the back of the head 10 times and kneed him.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Third goal stated with Noesen overskating a puck along the boards, which resulted in the rush the other way.

Moore then bites as hard as a player can and leaves the goal scorer alone and wide open.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
A stinker, flush it, but here are some things I'm worried about:

- Kinky's lateral movement looked terrible
- Lack's reflexes looked terrible
- Butcher's passing was actually meh tonight and I really hope he improves his footspeed over the summer
- Boyle's puck retrieval and overall play have really dropped
- Green seems to be demoted but Moore had a stinker

Oh well.

With the exception of Butcher at least none of those players are core guys.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We apparently have a mom's trip and not a dad's one. It will be to Columbus this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad