GDT: Devils vs. Red Wings - It Is What It Is - 7:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt Brylin

Trade is one for one
Dec 28, 2012
If Domingue can be an actually servicable NHL goalie to tandem with Mac, we solve a lot of issues. Guy's only 27 as well.

Now trade hall for a D and at least we got a lot of pieces in place for the next coach to work with.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
He praised the guys he put in for this game as if that was the difference in getting a win this time. Not directly patting himself but read between the lines.

The Devils' Twitter made sure to highlight the fourth line praise too. Yeah, they were really the difference in a 5-1 game against a breathtakingly bad team with a combined 26 minutes of icetime.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I knew those three completely meaningless hits Wood threw with 5 seconds left would get him praise!

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
I’m so sick of this coach and this team

beat the Red Wings, the only team worse than us and it’s like they’ve just won a playoff series. This idiot should have been fired in October

Yeah I wouldn’t expect them not to appreciate winning the game but the win had absolutely nothing to do with any adjustments that were made vs. just how piss poor Detroit is. In fact, they had a lousy second period and easily could have let the game get away right there. Our last two wins have done nothing for me. Pittsburgh caved them in a week ago and Detroit is so bad that they make NJ look decent. They can’t get rid of Hynes fast enough.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
*See score*
Oh, cool, at least they dominated the worst team in the league.

*Watches game this morning*
Game was pretty evenly played. 2nd was awful. 3rd was good.

Whatever

Reactions: My3Sons

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
*See score*
Oh, cool, at least they dominated the worst team in the league.

*Watches game this morning*
Game was pretty evenly played. 2nd was awful. 3rd was good.

Whatever
Are we at the point where we can look at 5-1 wins as not good enough?

Reactions: MartyOwns

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007

Wins against bad teams - who in a salary-floored NHL usually manage to win 25-30 games, so how bad are they, really - are supposed to be wire to wire.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Great, we won 5-1 last night. We also lost 4-1 the night before and 5-1 the game before that, and have had an abhorrent season overall. I'll be happy when they are consistently competitive.
I don't think last night cured the ills 20 games which preceded it, but nothing that happened last night could do that.

So I can understand tempering enthusiasm, but it was a good win.

Now, as you say, we need to build off that and win games more consistently.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I don't think last night cured the ills 20 games which preceded it, but nothing that happened last night could do that.

We've just seen this story before this season. We have a good win against a bad or mediocre team, then we fall back down to earth and get crushed by an actual good team. We didn't even play that great last night.

Reactions: mtnet

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York

I don’t think people are upset about the win or that they’re expecting a perfect game. It’s more about our imbecile coach praising his lineup changes afterwards. Like he pushed some right button or something. I’m meh in regards to Zacha and Bratt tbh. They need to be better but I’m not expecting much out of either one of them anyways. That said, they’re certainly not the reason that the team only has 8 wins one week before December. Nearly the entire roster is underperforming. What does that tell us? You mentioned building off the win. Sure, that’d be awesome, but what are the chances that they’ll actually do it? They never build off of anything. It’s always constant starts and stops or just downright nosediving and it’s been this way for years.

Reactions: mtnet and GameSeven

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
So what exactly in my post do you disagree with?

It's very simple. A win is a win, but score watchers will think this was a dominant performance by the team. Personally, I don't think a coach should be having a several minute press conference talking as if they played a good game / made the right roster moves....when this game easily could have gone the other way (considering the team has sucked and they were playing the worst team in the league at home). Score is misleading because it was a fairly evenly played game overall. Simple.

Offseason Champs

May 16, 2011
It's bad enough we won and Hynes gets a reprieve. But wait, it's worse than that for me. I pulled Tennyson and Hayden mystery pucks. Yay for me! They'll look great with the Prout and Gazdic pucks I have from previous HFC nights. :thumbu:
I also thought I pulled a Hayden until i realized zajac makes his 9 look like a 5. Much more palatable. Sorry for your expensive paper weights

Reactions: Patrik26
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad