GDT: Devils vs. Penguins - 7:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Wood started the year well but at the end of the day, he's going to end on a 30 point pace. Not the core player people were touting him to be, and I almost wish Fitz sold high on him.

I think the expansion draft f***ed it up. If someone traded for him they would have had to either expose him or expose someone else that they would have protected. The best scenario for us was for Wood to keep playing over his head until the entry draft and then trade him. Sadly that didn't happen.

Reactions: TheDuke93

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I think teams that are out of the playoffs should be able to make trades with each other after the deadline. Fitz should be allowed to go out and get a goaltender.
This is how it works now, the trade deadline doesn't actually prevent trades, it prevents registering players for the playoffs.

Reactions: Nubmer6

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
You asked for something that proved our schedule was different from the majority of teams. I gave it to you. I’m not going to do further research. This isn’t debate club.
How did it prove it? 5 teams played the same amount, and it didn't show how many played one or two less.

But that's fine if you don't want to continue on with the discussion.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
I think you can protect 2 of Bastian, McLeod and Wood...Wood SEEMS obvious, but he's such a flawed player. I love what he does but he's so dumb and he plays so out of control. McLeod seems like a classic 4th line and Bastian seems to like being a power forward. He seems to get the most chances of all three lately.

Wood hasnt been so great recently. Regressed to old wood in terms of effectiveness.

I like him too... But id take an upgrade over him if one became available. Speed is exceptional but Unfortunately with Miles theres just a limit to how much creativity he can apply when given that time and space. He is not great on special teams when given PP mins either. He pulls out same tricks.... on those rushes and not steady handed when puck comes to him. Puck often bounces away fron him. On other hand McLeod has stepped up his showing a lot

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Sure, many times. I wasn't criticizing you. Sorry if it came off that way. I never thought they should have traded him. He was a plus for next season.
I'm not offended dont worry, the point was we only got a 4th rounder for him because it was more Kuli wanting to play for a playoff team then Fitz wanting to move him

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I really think even with bad goaltending this team since the Ranger's series shouldn't give up this many goals even with the underwhelming defense.
It's a mess all around, Blackwood would've been exposed out there too. I never thought I'd miss PK back there too much and and Kulikov really helped to solidify things back there. Hell Vats looked like toast but he'd be a huge improvement on what we're icing.

As much as the sugar coating our MSG team does night in night out I can't believe how much they called out the goaltending. That never happens.

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
Wood hasnt been so great recently. Regressed to old wood in terms of effectiveness.

I like him too... But id take an upgrade over him if one became available. Speed is exceptional but Unfortunately with Miles theres just a limit to how much creativity he can apply when given that time and space. He is not great on special teams when given PP mins either. He pulls out same tricks....On other hand McLeod has stepped up his showing a lot
I want Johnsson with McLeod and Bastian personally. Assuming we can't get rid of him.

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
It's a mess all around, Blackwood would've been exposed out there too. I never thought I'd miss PK back there too much and and Kulikov really helped to solidify things back there. Hell Vats looked like toast but he'd be a huge improvement on what we're icing.

As much as the sugar coating our MSG team does night in night out I can't believe how much they called out the goaltending. That never happens.
Because it has been down right dog shit, and I know they aren't getting that much help but they got to make some saves. PK is over paid but is a solid defensemen. Murray is fine but you don't want him against Sid. Severson is a damn good all around defensemen but really you want him play more offensively imo. The kid's can't come up soon enough but we REALLY need some help back there. Tennyson didn't play awful and he's hardly scraping by as a stopgap after the deadline.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey

I agree on Kulikov, Vats...

Re tv booth:
Thats the only way management will get the message (aka msg)

Its been so bad.

Reactions: JK3

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014

Dano was kind of calling out the club in general at various points during the first period, especially after our typical collapse during the first minute of the game. Even he's had it with making excuses and began calling out the goaltending as things worsened. The whole crew commented on the goaltending in some way tonight.

Goaltending aside, I feel like some of this falls to the coaching staff too since we start far too many games looking unprepared. They stabilize eventually but by then we're already in a 2-3 goal deficit. It's like clockwork how they get blitzed with multiple goals against early on.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Subban does more to stabilize then anyone is giving him credit. May more then Kulikov.

But the goaltending is just not acceptable. Shots that should not be going in are going in regularly.

Reactions: TheDuke93

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
When the veteran forward were traded, at least NJ could call up Foote and Boquist. Those are good young players who can benefit from playing and offer some hope that they will be better in the future even if today is bleak. When the veteran defenders were waived/traded NJ had to play Butcher and Tennyson. No hope for tomorrow and it makes playing poorly much harder to watch. Same with the goalies where Senn hasn’t had a good year and earned an NHL audition. Watching Wedge and Dell is hopeless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad