GDT: Devils vs Penguins 7:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Ugh it's making my head hurt, yup just a few wins here and there against those turds and we'd be right in the thick of it. 5 of 7 is great but that tailspin a few weeks back did us in. You get to this point of the year and can only wonder what if.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Ugh it's making my head hurt, yup just a few wins here and there against those turds and we'd be right in the thick of it. 5 of 7 is great but that tailspin a few weeks back did us in. You get to this point of the year and can only wonder what if.

Hurts more when you consider we have beaten a bunch of good teams lately to get hot again. All while being decimated by injuries. Team made its bed with not beating the cream of the crap and that meltdown.

Still maybe we have an '88 like miracle.

Hellraiser

Jun 12, 2015
New Jersey
I still believe if we had won the season series against Columbus in 2013-2014, we get into the playoffs and they're still sitting here today with just one playoff berth and ZERO playoff games won in franchise history.

Columbus was swept by Detroit in 08-09 and lost to the Pens 4-1 in 13-14 from what I can remember. Still can't stress those games against them enough though.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Columbus was swept by Detroit in 08-09 and lost to the Pens 4-1 in 13-14 from what I can remember. Still can't stress those games against them enough though.

I think they lost 4-2 to the Pens in 2014, I'm almost positive it went 6 games.

Hellraiser

Jun 12, 2015
New Jersey
I think they lost 4-2 to the Pens in 2014, I'm almost positive it went 6 games.

You're right, I remember now. If only we could have beaten them more often this season. It kind of reminds me of how we matched up against Carolina in the mid and late 2000's tough matchup night in and night out.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Hurts more when you consider we have beaten a bunch of good teams lately to get hot again. All while being decimated by injuries. Team made its bed with not beating the cream of the crap and that meltdown.

Still maybe we have an '88 like miracle.

Yep, those two things probably cost us the playoffs this season. I'm proud of how the Devils played most of this season (and this little hot streak at the end is a positive note to end the season on), but I hope those two areas are improved next year while the successes continue because I really want to make the playoffs next year. Playoff drought is getting to me in a bad way. Can't lie and hurts to be tantalizingly close but also far away.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Haha he said upper management wouldn't allow him to have a Puddy mask in past years.

Why wouldn't Lou let him have the Puddy mask?

No social media! Stop smiling your at work! And damnit, I told you to shave those sideburns!

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
If we can get stronger at RW and balance out the bottom 6 maybe we can make some noise next year.

I'm again really pleased with how far Boosh has come.

Look around the league RW is terribly weak. This season with Stempniak and Palmieri we had 2 top 15 RW's at one point. I don't think there was another team with 2 in the top 20 when I was checking just before Stempniak was traded.

I'm stil pretty convinced that our top 6 did a fine job this season and the real problem was the lack of production from the bottom 6, specifically the 3rd line. The season is just about over and we still have nearly nothing in terms of even strength scoring from our 3rd line players.

The good thing is we can see that changing with additions of Boucher, Blandisi, Kalinin and Pelly... we should be able to put together a much more formidable bottom 6 next season...

And I fully expect to see appearances from Pietila, Coleman AND Quenneville(even if it is a cup of coffee ) next season.

I think next season we will have the opportunity to put together a better bottom 6 than we've had in years.

And then there is the X factor that is Zacha. I'll be very interested to see how his camp and preseason goes...should we be able to add him into the mix that would be very interesting.

A full season with Blandisi and Boucher, some help on the bottom from Pietila, Coleman...a call up from Quenneville...maybe Zacha?

I like it.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I more than like it.

I'm relishing all those posters lamenting that Schneider is playing for the Devils. I expect them to eat their words a lot sooner than later.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
Travis Zajac quietly leading our team with 27 assists, while missing 8 games.

Henrique and Palmieri both putting in practically 30 goal seasons.

Great efforts by these 3, this year.

Boucher with 17 points in 32 games, with less than 14 minutes of ice time. He's going to be a gem for this team if he keeps improving like this.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Camm's injury derailed our realistic playoff hopes.
Ray might have not dealt Stemp as well.

Honestly... and considering this team has been missing what is largely assumed to be our best offensive player, on a team that already struggles to produce, I am proud for how close they've kept themselves in the playoff hunt.

I am so excited for next season! I think we can make a real push and let everyone know the Devils are back :D

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Look around the league RW is terribly weak. This season with Stempniak and Palmieri we had 2 top 15 RW's at one point. I don't think there was another team with 2 in the top 20 when I was checking just before Stempniak was traded.

I'm stil pretty convinced that our top 6 did a fine job this season and the real problem was the lack of production from the bottom 6, specifically the 3rd line. The season is just about over and we still have nearly nothing in terms of even strength scoring from our 3rd line players.

The good thing is we can see that changing with additions of Boucher, Blandisi, Kalinin and Pelly... we should be able to put together a much more formidable bottom 6 next season...

And I fully expect to see appearances from Pietila, Coleman AND Quenneville(even if it is a cup of coffee ) next season.

I think next season we will have the opportunity to put together a better bottom 6 than we've had in years.

And then there is the X factor that is Zacha. I'll be very interested to see how his camp and preseason goes...should we be able to add him into the mix that would be very interesting.

A full season with Blandisi and Boucher, some help on the bottom from Pietila, Coleman...a call up from Quenneville...maybe Zacha?

I like it.

Guys like Ruutu, Gionta, Tootoo, etc. really did hurt the team a lot with their lack of production. Even a minimally productive bottom six would do wonders. However, as much as I like Travis, his lack of goal production as a top line center also hurts.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Honestly... and considering this team has been missing what is largely assumed to be our best offensive player, on a team that already struggles to produce, I am proud for how close they've kept themselves in the playoff hunt.

I am so excited for next season! I think we can make a real push and let everyone know the Devils are back :D

Two best considering Stemp's season.

I know it's only two games but Wedge has been impressive.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Someone was having too much fun tonight

We obviously don't know what led up to the minor altercation.
Could have been a case of a sore loser Pitts fan or that the Devils fan was intoxicated and a little rambunctious.
More than likely a combo of both.

I am surprised that the Pitts arena uses police officers in addition to private security to break up scuffles.

Seems like a misallocation of policemen and a waste of tax payers resources.

At the end of the day, that Devils fan missed out on an opportunity to be a part of our fan Hall of Fame.

He could/should have done some wacky dance or something odd after the Rico goal that sealed the game, according to Dano.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
If we can get stronger at RW and balance out the bottom 6 maybe we can make some noise next year.

I'm again really pleased with how far Boosh has come.

I agree. Not just what he's doing right now, but the season he had in Albany too. You could tell he was sick of being in the AHL and worked his ass off to earn a spot up here.

I'll be the first to admit I was skeptical after some less than impressive call-ups, but he definitely belongs in the NHL.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Boosh has proved a lot of people wrong. These injuries have killed us. If Cammalleri would have stayed healthy we would have had at least 3-4 more wins and would be closer in the playoff hunt. Shero probably would have kept Stempniak as well. Josefson being injured hurts too because he was playing well.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
That is ******** the way that security guard put his hands on that dudes throat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad