GDT: Devils vs. Panthers - 7:30PM MSG+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
According to Gross, Cory was talking about how he needed to be the team's best penalty killer. I have a feeling we'll see Cory in absolute God mode next game.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Yeah, reffereeing was definitely inconsistent. Throughout most of thegame they were calling some really ticky-tack stuff. Like the roughing on Palms, and one other call i can remember. Then in OT they swallowed the whistles and it was always to mug the players again.

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
I am happy. Lets play Devils Advocate. Outside of a handful of teams the nhl is a complete wash. I will be point watching all season. We have games in hand and we are in a good spot. The west is a hot mess right now. Lets see if the Oilers are #1 come December. I would also like to order seconds of Canadians Collapse, Please and Thank You.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Yeah, reffereeing was definitely inconsistent. Throughout most of thegame they were calling some really ticky-tack stuff. Like the roughing on Palms, and one other call i can remember. Then in OT they swallowed the whistles and it was always to mug the players again.

Palms or Hall, whoever it was in OT that got blatantly held when driving right to the goal, behind the defense....how in the world do you not call that? :laugh:

Refs in this league are imbeciles.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
I normally don't like to call out a specific team for embellishment, because most teams do it, but man the Panthers really tried to sell calls last night. The Yandle dive should have been an isolated penalty, not sure why Lovejoy even got a tripping penalty on that. And then Trocheck's delayed head twist after the high stick.

With that said, we rostered Blandisi last year, so can't throw stones.

Camille the Eel

It was definitely interference on Palmieri. And that's two interferences in overtime in Florida since remember the guy mugging Severson on opening night.

Officiating is a mess in the NHL when I compare it to other sports, that have got it more under control. The non-call factors especially against home teams in the NHL are huge. The refs are bozos half the time.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
Zacha played well last night. Schneider is a game changer. Definitely a top 5 goaltender.

Hall is terrifying. When he is out on the ice, I am on the edge of my seat...in a bad way. My hope is that our defense realizes he is out there and doesn't try and keep pucks in at the blueline.

Henrique was killing my dreams before Tavares realized it was cool. I knew he was going to score on that power play.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
According to Gross, Cory was talking about how he needed to be the team's best penalty killer. I have a feeling we'll see Cory in absolute God mode next game.

I didn't like the second power play goal at all. He was off his angle, shot beat his glove hand too easily. He should have had it.

I didn't like the first goal much either, but at least it was a real screamer and a one timer from what I remember.

But that was his only ''Bad'' game of the entire season and even that wasn't that bad, compared to what we saw from Kinkaid last year at certain times.

Camille the Eel

Honestly, I don't even think it was isolated to the OT. I felt like they were getting away with a ton of interference throughout the entire game.

Especially on our exiting our zone at the blue line. They were picking the forwards moving up ice while pressuring the guy with the puck. That's what made Severson's exit pass on the Zacha goal so good. He looked off the guy trying to set the pick to spring the break.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Palms or Hall, whoever it was in OT that got blatantly held when driving right to the goal, behind the defense....how in the world do you not call that? :laugh:

Refs in this league are imbeciles.
Fiddler got pretty clearly tripped, I think while on the PK. Let out a solid "WTF" that was picked up pretty easily given the sparse crowd.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I thought the Devils played a great overall game. Honestly I thought it was one of the best 60 minute efforts they had all season :dunno:

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Stats certainly showed Devils were the better team, but it was sloppy + against a weakened team playing their back-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad