Pre-Game Talk: Devils vs Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Connor McOilers

We have the precious
Feb 16, 2013
Don't know if this has already been said:

This is ****ing ridiculous. How the **** does our head coach come to this conclusions after all of us, two babies and a ****ing house cat?

I don't understand how he's always the last one to figure something out.

This exactly.

The mistakes that Eakins has been making this year are just so clear avoidable, this more than anything is what has been the most frustrating for me so far in the season.

LOL, as usual the oilers are two weeks behind the average fan of this team. My god.

Playing devils advocate here... Keep in mind I'm no Eakins fan... But if the coaching staff/management were to make decisions in as much of a reactionary way as the fanbase does rather than give things time to prove themselves, we'd be even more screwed than we already are.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Playing devils advocate here... Keep in mind I'm no Eakins fan... But if the coaching staff/management were to make decisions in as much of a reactionary way as the fanbase does rather than give things time to prove themselves, we'd be even more screwed than we already are.

Oh, you're right in a sense. However, when something is so painfully obvious, like splitting up two line-drivers in RNH and Hall and your head coach is the last person to understand it, you have rightful claim to be upset.

McDreamy

Losing credibility
Feb 25, 2009
Oh, you're right in a sense. However, when something is so painfully obvious, like splitting up two line-drivers in RNH and Hall and your head coach is the last person to understand it, you have rightful claim to be upset.

Especially considering that the Hall-RNH-Eberle line is not good. Very overrated.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Incoming Nikitin hat trick:

Icing in the neutral zone
Giveaway leading to a scoring chance in the defensive zone.
Loses the puck on the PP

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
Incoming Nikitin hat trick:

Icing in the neutral zone
Giveaway leading to a scoring chance in the defensive zone.
Loses the puck on the PP

To be fair it seems that all our defensemen have trouble holding the puck in on the PP. Reminds me of Philip Larsen... sigh.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
@EdmontonOilers: "This is a must-win tonight. We're going to be playing with a lot of desperation." Eberle

Will be interesting to see what desperation looks like tonight.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
@EdmontonOilers: "This is a must-win tonight. We're going to be playing with a lot of desperation." Eberle

Yeah, I guess they really weren't desperate about winning all these other games and were fine with early 3-0 deficits as there is obviously time to turn this around :sarcasm:

Can you believe they've already had 3 4-game losing streaks and were not even a quarter of the way through the season.

oil slick

Feb 6, 2004
The must-win games were three weeks ago. We are already into the evaluate for next year portion of the Oilers schedule.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton

Oh Yay. Another "must win". :shakehead

This team must hold the world record for "must win games" over the past 3 or 4 years.

Go "Must Wins"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad