GDT: Devils vs. Lightning - Halloween Edition 7:00PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khione

Swede or Turnip?
Jul 24, 2013
Duna
seams like a lot of people here are a bit cranky. Im very happy with the start of the season and this game particualry.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
I'd take a team full of Lovejoy's in a nanosecond over 4 Lovejoy"s and 2 others that you have hide when the game is on the line.

In 1986, maybe... in 2016, hmmmmm... **** no!

Btw, you can only play 2 d-men per shift, so having 6 identical type of players on your blueline is pretty dumb and that's mainly why none of the 30 teams utilises your mindset.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
We're actually slightly below league average in PP opportunities against. It certainly feels like it's been worse than that though.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Quincey has been alright. He's made a couple bad gaffes, like the tying goal against Chicago. Nothing too noticeable, or at least nothing that hurt us like that one.

Other than the penalties. I'd rather keep him off the PK though, cause I'm afraid he'll take another penalty and put us down 5 on 3.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Really? We give up like 3-4 a game.

We've had 29 against. League average is 30. It probably feels worse because of the timing of them. We've taken a penalty in the final 7 minutes of regulation in 4 of the 8 games we've played. The Arizona game got tied on a PP goal from OEL. The Chicago game was Fiddler's double minor that cost us a point. And against Tampa we took a late one while trying to hold on to a 3-1 lead.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Well, if you want to shelter him like that, wouldn't you rather it be Santini? At least he can improve. Quincy is what he is :dunno:
I'm not sure being in the NHL is the best thing for Santini right now, though I also don't agree with him being up and a healthy scratch either.

If Helgeson was up instead and played exactly the same number of games that Santini had played so far (0), I'd be fine with that. As long as Helgeson doesn't play though, because he's straight up awful at the NHL level.

Perhaps the reason I'm not so quick to complain about our current defense is from the PTS of watching it when we had Helgeson and Warsofsky late last year.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Santini being scratched is stupid. I don't really care if it's the NHL playing low minutes or the AHL playing big minutes, he just needs to play.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
I'm not sure being in the NHL is the best thing for Santini right now, though I also don't agree with him being up and a healthy scratch either.

If Helgeson was up instead and played exactly the same number of games that Santini had played so far (0), I'd be fine with that. As long as Helgeson doesn't play though, because he's straight up awful at the NHL level.

Perhaps the reason I'm not so quick to complain about our current defense is from the PTS of watching it when we had Helgeson and Warsofsky late last year.

There's not that much to complain about really. Quincy has been the only real sore spot. I don't get the complaints about Auuvitu considering how badly we've been wanting someone who moves the puck like him since Zidlicky left.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Personally, I'd probably have Santini in the AHL getting significant minutes and some pro experience, but if anyone should be scratched in my opinion it should be Quincey. He takes too many penalties for my taste. However, I do agree with most that Santini should either be playing in the NHL or the AHL, not sitting on the sidelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad