GDT: Devils vs Kings - 10:30 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The new nhl is about the avg goalies and more of a split between starters and backups. I know their pads are also getting smaller, so if they already started using them I understand why it looks like each goalie is worse then last year. Even a small reduction means a goalie has to make changes to his positioning to compensate for the loss of area covered.
I’ve been noticing more goals going in around the arms. Either between the arm and body or just to the outside. This could be the result of the decrease in chest protector size this season. Scoring is definitely up by a significant margin.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
I’ve been noticing more goals going in around the arms. Either between the arm and body or just to the outside. This could be the result of the decrease in chest protector size this season. Scoring is definitely up by a significant margin.

I read an article about two weeks ago that stated that there's been an uptick in scoring on "medium danger scoring chances", and that it could probably be pinned to goalies getting used to smaller equipment. I haven't looked this year, but last year we were good at limiting high danger chances at the expense of medium and lower chances. If that trend holds true for us this season, it could explain a lot.

Reactions: tailfins

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Confidence spawns winning streaks, why wouldn't you want to leave that game with confidence? A "W" is a "W", you take it anyway you can and run with it.

That's right. The guys I want taking confidence out of that game were all out there on the ice...

Missed the game, only saw the high and low lights - looks like Palms was sniping and they all had some jump. Wood Coleman Zajac had a good game...

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
While I mostly meant the fans... It was odd watching the entire bench light up after winning because it took the worst team in the league and they only won 5-3 and, honestly, looked like **** doing it.

If Im the coach im wondering what the hell theyre smiling about because there is nothing to be proud of - sneaking out your first win in 7 against the leagues worst

Team made the playoffs last year...

I am very glad you are not the coach and have nothing to do with the Devils organization. There are other teams you could be a fan of besides the one you dislike.

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
I live in SF. Debating going down to San Jose for the Monday game, but I've watched them get their asses beat on the road way too many times. Last night was a step in the right direction though.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Kovy's sad he missed us.

giphy.gif

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013

Combination between the goalie pads getting smaller and the continued improvement in the sticks which result in better accuracy and harder shots. It really doesnt surprise me that we will keep seeing higher scoring games. It doesnt mean the goalies aren't good, just means the NHL succeeded in making the game higher scoring, which was/is their mission

Reactions: Maine Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad