GDT: Devils vs Kings - 10:30 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I am surprised with your comment.

Winning always delivers confidence, how dare you say differently!
While I mostly meant the fans... It was odd watching the entire bench light up after winning because it took the worst team in the league and they only won 5-3 and, honestly, looked like shit doing it.

If Im the coach im wondering what the hell theyre smiling about because there is nothing to be proud of - sneaking out your first win in 7 against the leagues worst

Team made the playoffs last year...

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
While I mostly meant the fans... It was odd watching the entire bench light up after winning because it took the worst team in the league and they only won 5-3 and, honestly, looked like **** doing it.

If Im the coach im wondering what the hell theyre smiling about because there is nothing to be proud of - sneaking out your first win in 7 against the leagues worst

Team made the playoffs last year...

They're happy they won. That's why the team "lit up". It's kind of obvious. Nobody is going to be down, except for your type of poster, after a win.

I just reread your intial post, it's just mind boggling. There is zero shot of ANY coach at ANY level of ANY SPORT that would walk into the lockerroom after a win, after a long stretch of bad play, and act like the team shouldn't be happy.

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
A win is a win is a win. I don't care if its 10-0 or 7-6 or whatever. If we lose, nobody cares about good efforts or bad luck either, so why should I bother the other way round? However, whether or not this is really more just a win against the leagues worst team will be clearer after the next game. I don't think so, but would happily accept a loooooooong winning streak.

Reactions: glenwo2

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
They're happy they won. That's why the team "lit up". It's kind of obvious. Nobody is going to be down, except for your type of poster, after a win.
Or any respectable coach will say ‘I better not see anyone celebrating past this post-game locker room because it took the leagues worst to snap the streak’

Im living within reality, sorry I dont shit roses for you

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Or any respectable coach will say ‘I better not see anyone celebrating past this post-game locker room because it took the leagues worst to snap the streak’

Im living within reality, sorry I dont **** roses for you

No, you're reality is insane. That's not something any coach, let alone a respectable one would say. You have no idea what you're talking about.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
It was refreshing to look like an NHL team last night, even if it was just beating up on an even worse team. But still, that was the most fun I've had watching a Devils game in at least a month.

Reactions: Prezidentas Zubrus

Azathoth

May 25, 2017
Centre of Chaos
Meh win against a really poor team (karma’s a bitch Kovy) but hopefully it reminds them what it’s like to win a game and they can build off it.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
No, you're reality is insane. That's not something any coach, let alone a respectable one would say. You have no idea what you're talking about.

John Tortorella might. But that’s the quickest way to lose a locker room...you don’t deserve to celebrate a win because you stunk your previous few games. If anything a coach might ream them out if they’re playing better to keep them honest. But not when they’ve been getting zero reward the last few weeks.

Yeah, okay

I can tell you’ve never coached a sport ever

And you have? I doubt it if you think Hynes should be ripping them off a win when they have fragile confidence to start with.

Reactions: Darkauron

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
John Tortorella might. But that’s the quickest way to lose a locker room...you don’t deserve to celebrate a win because you stunk your previous few games. If anything a coach might ream them out if they’re playing better to keep them honest. But not when they’ve been getting zero reward the last few weeks.

And you have? I doubt it if you think Hynes should be ripping them off a win when they have fragile confidence.
When did I say he should be ripping them?

Anyone who thinks a coach wouldn’t tell his team to not be celebrating getting their first win in 7 past the post-game locker room, and to get back to business the next day and remain serious because the team is still in last place....

Idk what to say, if people think coaches are only nice. Its just flat out ignorance

Edit; and yes I coach midget hockey, pre-semi’s

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
When did I say he should be ripping them?

Anyone who thinks a coach wouldn’t tell his team to not be celebrating getting their first win in 7 past the post-game locker room, and to get back to business the next day and remain serious because the team is still in last place....

Idk what to say, if people think coaches are only nice. Its just flat out ignorance

Edit; and yes I coach midget hockey, pre-semi’s

What makes you think Hynes isn’t telling them just that this morning? You’re saying they shouldn’t even get a moment of relief or celebration on the bench. This morning or whenever they practice again I’m sure the staff won’t be resting on the laurels of a one game winning streak when there’s a long way to go.

And if you coach the kids with the same kind of rants you post here I feel sorry for the kids. Anyone that knows coaching knows you can’t be full Torts/Keenan all the time. Not in 2018.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
What makes you think Hynes isn’t telling them just that this morning? You’re saying they shouldn’t even get a moment of relief or celebration on the bench. This morning or whenever they practice again I’m sure the staff won’t be resting on the laurels of a one game winning streak when there’s a long way to go.

And if you coach the kids with the same kind of rants you post here I feel sorry for the kids. Anyone that knows coaching knows you can’t be full Torts/Keenan all the time. Not in 2018.
Well firstly I would never call a 15-17 year old a kid, trust me Ive seen people get a mouth full for it...

And I never would have said ‘why are you f***ers smiling at all?’. But you are damn right Id have made it know before I left that locker room yesterday that this is not satisfactory, and the smiles are only relief and letting some pent up frustration and tense-feelings go.

Idk why youre trying to make it sound like Id yell at them for winning... sure I commented on why they were smiling coming off the bench, sure it was harsh. Idk how that automatically turns into what Id say as a coach considering the two posts I made with coach-related comments, both mentioned PAST THE POST-GAME LOCKER ROOM they shouldnt be celebrating

Edit for clarification

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
We really may be one of the few fan bases that is saltier after a win than a loss.

We just snapped a 6 game losing streak, I think we're allowed to be happy for once.

Reactions: JK3

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Id assume every fan base is cranky when your team is last in the conference, win or lose

Which makes the venting after a win all the more silly.

Our record is quite indicative of how our team has been playing this season. The Kings, while worse than us currently, aren't worse by much. No matter how you slice it, they needed to win a game (especially one on the road) to try and start some sort of positive momentum.

After losing 6 in a row, I can imagine the collective mindset in the locker room was dejected. Even if it isn't a perfect game, they need something to start to rally around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad