GDT: Devils vs Jets - Season Opener!!! 7:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
First overall pick that clearly has tons of skill, and Hynes goes full Blashill and gives him like 10 mins of ice time and sticks Hayden with himS

He was garbage and getting out muscled. He deserved to get have his ice time limited.

They are going to have to try and protect his ice time. You saw what can happens if he get trapped in a bad situation.

Reactions: glenwo2

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
How many of our goals were systems-based?

And how many of our goals against looked like the same old shit?

f*** this staff.

NJDevilsFan21

Trade Everyone!!
Nov 10, 2006
This one really hurts. But... we've started out 4-0 in the past and look how that went.

Edit: Just tripped myself out. 4-0. Yeah. Wow.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
WPG is a gutless one line team. That’s my biggest disappointment tonight is that the Devils didn’t recognize that. WPG played its bench like it was a game 7. They won’t last 20 games with that level of panic. At least Hynes stuck with some semblance of a rotation in my eyes.

Reactions: AlexTheDevilsFan

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
No he isnt.

Now if we go a full seaosn like last year,then I'd agree. However hynes is well liked by both management and players
If we're in the toilet in December like we were in December of 2016 and December of 2018, he'll either be fired then or at the conclusion of the season.

Reactions: Classic Devil

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Hughes was dog****. It was his first game so no reason for alarm bells. However, you could see tonight the concerns about his size and how he could handle it this year. I see why the coaches shuffled him down in the lineup in the 3rd. And getting trapped like that on the tying goal is on the center. Have to be able to clear the pick for a change.
I didn't expect Hughes to be good in this one, the Jets are one of the heaviest teams in the league and they are far from slow for being this big. He was outmatched by that, and it showed. Jets have manhandled us for years now, and do it to a lot of other teams as well.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
The defense will hold this team back it seems. Ty Smith really blew his chance to make the show as Mueller and Carrick are nothing more than #7 at best and Severson sucks defensively. That loss sucks but it was a fun game. Can't believe we didn't score more as the Jets goalie looked pretty shaky not to say bad. PP1 needs at least one playmaker, Hall/Palms/PK can't think about another thing other than ripping the puck in the PP and Simmonds/Zajac aren't skilled enough to feed them, they are basically doing the same job. Ideally would be Bratt over Simmonds as we need Zajac for faceoffs and Nico isn't much of upgrade offensively at his point.

The team blew it by not giving Smith the 9 game look because they were scared of losing Rooney...

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
Hynes' seat right now
hqdefault.jpg

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
In perspective; having a cold goalie come in during the 3rd, I can’t be horribly upset. The Devils still had chances. Blackwood looked sloppy. Big issue is who plays if Schneider is out for a while.

This is NOT on blackwood. He sat cold for over an hr in real time before taking another shot outside his warmup.

I really think Cory really reinjured the groin and will be out a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad