GDT: Devils vs Jets - Season Opener!!! 7:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Maybe but Ty didn't have a good showing in the preseason to force their hands.

He was on the same level as Mueller or Carrick and we know he has more he can give while the other 2 are what they are. Not giving him the 9 games is stupid

MVP Zacha

Feb 8, 2012
Kansas
All the hand wringing about Ty Smith getting sent back to junior's for Mueller or Carrick is completely irrelevant at this point. He should have made the team over Severson.

Reactions: Maine Fan

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
I was at the game and I shouted in front of a kid, among other things, that they should call him Severballs for his moronic play that led to the tying goal. I regret nothing. This performance deserves a puppy kick, even.

Reactions: glenwo2

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
On the bright side, early season hockey is usually kind of wild and crazy for a few weeks until things settle in. The offense looked good, the defense didn't. Cory having to leave and Blackwood coming in cold didn't help either.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Blues fan coming piece.

I really like what I saw. You guys have very deep depth on forward group. 4-lines can score. Only tweek needs d-pair. Ofc Im use to see Blues d-core, but one solid vet dmen who can play your fast transition game would make really difference.

Really like how tight space and well rythm your forwads pass. Tight 5on5 group.

In my papers Devils go playoffs and seeing tonight game make me believe för it Møre. No matter what was result. You guys dominate full 2 periods of Jets.

Good luck for this season.

How about you trade us a couple of your defensemen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad