GDT: Devils vs Islanders - Preseason - 7:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Yup. Hayden is the force into the lineup to justify the pointless trade player of the 2019-20 season.

But Hayden has not played bad. The issue is more a lack of offense from him. But they have had him on the PK and he does well, they know he is a big kid who will defend his teammates and he is not out of place actually playing hockey.

EDIT: Also not a pointless trade it was a change of scenery trade. JQ wasnt even going to come close to cracking this lineup. Hayden MIGHT have a chance to be the 12th forward or 13th forward.

Reactions: My3Sons and glenwo2

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Get Rooney, Seney and Hayden off this team.

They're shot sieves, and it's not like tonight was an exception. Just look at their NHL careers for all the proof you need.

Rooney shouldn't be on the team this year unless something catastrophic happens and we're looking to tank the season away again.

Rooney/Hayden will probably make the team because they aren’t waiver exempt. However, my guess is if a lineup spot opens up McLeod will get the call up and jump over them.

No use waiving them and risking organizational depth over being the 13/14 forward. Delay the waiver decision until you have to make it.

Reactions: My3Sons

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
But Hayden has not played bad. The issue is more a lack of offense from him. But they have had him on the PK and he does well, they know he is a big kid who will defend his teammates and he is not out of place actually playing hockey.

He has definitely been better then Rooney IMO. Rooney should not make this team based on this preseason

Reactions: glenwo2

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Rooney/Hayden will probably make the team because they aren’t waiver exempt. However, my guess is if a lineup spot opens up McLeod will get the call up and jump over them.

No use waiving them and risking organizational depth over being the 13/14 forward. Delay the waiver decision until you have to make it.

No one is claiming Rooney at the end of camps. A ton of teams can’t even ice 23 man rosters due to cap issues. Teams don’t have room. He will sneak through

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
The major problem for the Wood Rooney Hayden line is they played more then half their minutes vs the Barzal line. Against whom they were 2-11 corsi.

MNDevilsfan

Jan 9, 2015
St. Paul, MN
Hard not to feel excited about adding Subban, Hughes, and Gusev to this team at this point. I am still not 100% sold on this being a playoff team (although I have to admit feeling a bit higher on the chances based on what we've seen in preseason), but I am sure that this team is going to be fun as hell to watch. Shero straight up injected three really entertaining players onto this roster, which is very exciting to me from a, 'enjoying the games' perspective.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

EDIT: Also not a pointless trade it was a change of scenery trade. JQ wasnt even going to come close to cracking this lineup. Hayden MIGHT have a chance to be the 12th forward or 13th forward.
Hayden is completely useless on this team...he is nowhere close to the 13th or 14 forward but he will be to justify the dumb trade. And JQ is a better player all around. Trade never made sense.

Edit: in the grand scheme of things it is all irrelevant but pointless trade nonetheless

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Hard not to feel excited about adding Subban, Hughes, and Gusev to this team at this point. I am still not 100% sold on this being a playoff team (although I have to admit feeling a bit higher on the chances based on what we've seen in preseason), but I am sure that this team is going to be fun as hell to watch. Shero straight up injected three really entertaining players onto this roster, which is very exciting to me from a, 'enjoying the games' perspective.

This team has too much talent not to be competing for a playoff spot. Especially with the metro looking a bit questionable.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Hall-Hischier-Palmieri
Gusev-Hughes-Simmonds
Boqvist-Zajac-Bratt
Coleman-Zacha-Hayden/Anderson/Bastian

Vatanen-Subban
Butcher-Severson
Greene-Carrick

This will be our opening night lineup.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Hayden is completely useless on this team...he is nowhere close to the 13th or 14 forward but he will be to justify the dumb trade. And JQ is a better player all around. Trade never made sense.

Edit: in the grand scheme of things it is all irrelevant but pointless nonetheless

Agreed, but now what's done is done. I hope they don't fall into a sunk cost fallacy and play him to justify the trade.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Agreed, but now what's done is done. I hope they don't fall into a sunk cost fallacy and play him to justify the trade.

I think they like him as an extra and that’s it. Not really anyone he would or should play over. We aren’t exactly overflowing with open roster spots in the top 12

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
No one is claiming Rooney at the end of camps. A ton of teams can’t even ice 23 man rosters due to cap issues. Teams don’t have room. He will sneak through

and if he doesn’t, i can live with that. i’d rather have bastian up anyway

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Even if he makes the team I'm doubting he actually suits up other then a game here or there.
I hope you are right but my gut tells me that he is going to play more than you think.

I'd bet he plays 20 minimum. And I'd bet he is in the opening night lineup.

All just a hunch.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Hall-Hischier-Palmieri
Gusev-Hughes-Simmonds
Boqvist-Zajac-Bratt

Vatanen-Subban
Butcher-Severson
Greene-Carrick

Stick Anderson and Bastian in Binghamton, and Hayden should be in the press box. Swap in Wood.

Other than that, pretty spot on. I absolutely love Simmonds in the garbageman role on that line.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Hall-Hischier-Palmieri
Gusev-Hughes-Simmonds
Boqvist-Zajac-Bratt

Vatanen-Subban
Butcher-Severson
Greene-Carrick

Anderson and Bastian are going to get cut. Not enough out of either of them. McLeod and Maltsev are ahead of them though I think they go back too since big minutes in Bing makes more sense for their development then 4th line minutes here (though it would be a skilled 4th line so you never know)

Wood has sucked but I don’t think they sit him for Hayden. Now if Maltsev or McLeod make the team? Then you could see Wood sitting upstairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad