GDT: Devils vs. Islanders - Leftovers Edition - 4:00 PM MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm on the negativity train now, we only win games when the other team takes a night off. I think its time for a shake up
This is the second time we've had a chance to go above .500, and we lose a very winnable game in OT. Then we followed that last one up with a dud regulation loss.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
The drop passes to no where were infuriating tonight. I'm not one to hype up "grit" but a Wayne Simmons type player is desperately needed

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yeah a big issue right now is not following up good wins with another win to start a streak and gain traction.

Too many duds after good games. Battling for a point is a step in the right direction. Two weeks ago they wouldn’t have gotten this point.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Mueller is starting to piss me off with his clears, for whatever reason he's afraid to drill it down the ice and take the icing, I'd rather he do that than giving it up to the other team at the point.

And was it just me or did it seem like the Isles defensemen too many times we're able to skate in close and shoot at will? And I'm talking 5 on 5 too, not when we were on the PK. When you're at the game you definitely see things differently than on TV.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
The drop passes to no where were infuriating tonight. I'm not one to hype up "grit" but a Wayne Simmons type player is desperately needed
We need a Wayne Simmons type of player on defense, what player on our blue line strikes fear in any one forward in the league right now?

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Too many rebounds
Too many perimeter shots
Not enough (any) Bratt in OT. Heaven forbid you put a young player with jump and creativity out there. Nope let's throw out the guy who lately only contributes if he's standing still and one times the shot from the cross ice pass - that should play well in 3 on 3 OT. Sure.

Exactly. Would've been nice to see him out there in the OT.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I thought Wood played a very good game today, if can play the rest of the season like today, he'll be fine and the goals will start coming.
Never want to see him have a game like he had today ever again. He had two egregious turnovers that led to two goals. He was lucky the second one was offside.

Reactions: liquid1988

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Mueller is starting to piss me off with his clears, for whatever reason he's afraid to drill it down the ice and take the icing, I'd rather he do that than giving it up to the other team at the point.

And was it just me or did it seem like the Isles defensemen too many times we're able to skate in close and shoot at will? And I'm talking 5 on 5 too, not when we were on the PK. When you're at the game you definitely see things differently than on TV.

Mueller isn’t the only one who seems to be afraid to clear for an icing. I’ve seen a bunch of guys do this over the course of the season.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Never want to see him have a game like he had today ever again. He had two egregious turnovers that led to two goals. He was lucky the second one was offside.
I was at the game so sometimes you miss who is on the ice or screwed up, but his legs were moving and he was making things happen out there, even if some of it is unfortunately bad, but when he's playing a fast, aggressive game and creating havoc, good things usually follow.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I was at the game so sometimes you miss who is on the ice or screwed up, but his legs were moving and he was making things happen out there, even if some of it is unfortunately bad, but when he's playing a fast, aggressive game and creating havoc, good things usually follow.
I agree, he was moving and working but his IQ is horrendous and is not improving much. He put the team in two bad spots tonight. He needs to clean up his game, possess the puck more, and slow the game down in certain instances.

Miles is getting big boy money now so he has to start playing like it.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
I agree, he was moving and working but his IQ is horrendous and is not improving much. He put the team in two bad spots tonight. He needs to clean up his game, possess the puck more, and slow the game down in certain instances.

Miles is getting big boy money now so he has to start playing like it.
Right now he's a feast or famine player basically because of his age, they're going to drive you crazy sometimes because of it. He reminds me of Bill Guerin who played the same way and make the same mistakes, but once it came together for him he became a top end power forward. I'm not saying he will turn out to be another Guerin because his hands are not as good as Guerin's, but he can be a force out there.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
wasnt our goalies best game but he gave the team a chance to win which he does night in and night out it seems. if thats his base level (which it has been) then goaltending is in good shape.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
I still think Coleman is more likely to develop into a top 6 player then Wood
If he does it's because he's more consistent, but I see so much of John Madden in Coleman, even their personalities are so similar, Madden was as snarky as they come but in a good way, I see that in Coleman too.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
woods first strides are so goofy and lanky. not sure why he doesnt have that breakneck speed this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad