GDT: Devils vs. Islanders - Leftovers Edition - 4:00 PM MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Except I don't do it every time Kinkaid gives up an iffy goal. I only did it last game because that particular poster bends over backwards to defend Kinkaid, when if the same thing happened to Cory he'd be destroying him.

And he's hardly the only person guilty of it around here. There are posters who blast certain players every time they make a mistake, yet go mysteriously silent when they play well. Hell, there is an entire section of this fanbase that disappears after wins, but are more than happy to point out everything wrong with the team when they lose.

I understand we all have opinions. But when those opinions are constantly negative, don't be surprised when people get sick and tired of hearing it, or don't take your opinion seriously (and I don't necessarily mean you particularly). It's like the boy that cried wolf. Eventually people are just going to stop listening, and then when you do make a valid point, nobody is going to care.

But whatever. We've already had 7,652 arguments about goaltending, we don't really need to have another one.
I originally thought the third goal was off a very weak rebound, but it's hard to fault him on that after watching it again.

I actually think the rebound he allowed on the second Islanders goal might have been worse. It appeared to go into his chest for what should have been an easy cover and it ended up back in the play and wound up in the back of the net a few seconds later. He wasn't beaten on a second chance rebound, but the rebound on the shot before that caused the puck to stay in the play.

Like I said yesterday, the only rebound goal either goalie has allowed all year on this team that I blamed them for was the game winner against Cory in Detroit. And to me that wasn't even really a rebound. Technically it was a rebound, but it was a shot that he either gloved and it popped out into the crease or it may have even dribbled between his arm and body and landed in the crease for an easy tap in.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Except I don't do it every time Kinkaid gives up an iffy goal. I only did it last game because that particular poster bends over backwards to defend Kinkaid, when if the same thing happened to Cory he'd be destroying him.

And he's hardly the only person guilty of it around here. There are posters who blast certain players every time they make a mistake, yet go mysteriously silent when they play well. Hell, there is an entire section of this fanbase that disappears after wins, but are more than happy to point out everything wrong with the team when they lose.

I understand we all have opinions. But when those opinions are constantly negative, don't be surprised when people get sick and tired of hearing it, or don't take your opinion seriously (and I don't necessarily mean you particularly). It's like the boy that cried wolf. Eventually people are just going to stop listening, and then when you do make a valid point, nobody is going to care.

But whatever. We've already had 7,652 arguments about goaltending, we don't really need to have another one.

respect. like i said, ill tone it down. rooting for both goalies. would give schneider the start in tampa then roll with kinkaid until he plays poorly for a stretch of 7-10 games. then id give cory another shot to take back the net.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Cory and Keith debates go into the goalie thread. This is a GDT about the Islander game. Cory shouldn’t even be mentioned as he didn’t play. Move on to talk about the game.

what goalie thread?

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
there shouldnt be any arguing the goalie situation, if there's one thing Hynes is doing right this year its starting Kinky 95% of the time...
I don't hate Cory either, but he has regressed and Kinky has improved

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
respect. like i said, ill tone it down. rooting for both goalies. would give schneider the start in tampa then roll with kinkaid until he plays poorly for a stretch of 7-10 games. then id give cory another shot to take back the net.

We've got 5 sets of back-to-backs in the next 13 games (seriously, who the hell scheduled this shit?) so I would imagine Cory gets at least a couple of starts in there, unless he's truly horrendous.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Cory and Keith debates go into the goalie thread. This is a GDT about the Islander game. Cory shouldn’t even be mentioned as he didn’t play. Move on to talk about the game.

The goalie thread is locked. Unless there's an older one that's still open.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I don't know, maybe because I'm tired of seeing people tar, feather, and crucify Cory every time he gives up a goal? He hasn't been good the last 2+ years. We get it. We don't need to be reminded 20 ****ing times every day of that fact.

And my beef is really with certain people who rather clearly have a bias. It's this idiotic Player A vs Player B bull**** that this board constantly gets sucked into. It's like of you like Player A, you must point out every time Player B ****s up. It just seems so dumb if you're rooting for team success.

I understand where you are coming from, the frustration. I believe in the team, that means players coaches, GM and owners. But it means the team not individuals. I hope Cory doesn't start a game and I say so. That doesn't mean I don't like Cory it means I lack confidence in him. I however believe I can't change any decisions the staff make about Cory. I think you need to understand that about what you can change. It's not your job to change others opinions. There are others that think like you just look at the likes to your post. Give up the frustration and accept that others have different opinions than you and also style.
It's not your job to police this forum or try to change others.

Go Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->