GDT: Devils vs Golden Knights- 7:00, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
So what happens if Cory only lets one goal in and our own player shoots it?

And we lose 1-0?

That feels entirely possible for some reason.

cory was blamed when greene batted the puck into his own net, so i assume he’d get blamed again

Hall is going to be a game time decision.

he left practice early he left the pregame skate early...just sit him for a game. why risk it?

Reactions: Maine Fan

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
cory was blamed when greene batted the puck into his own net, so i assume he’d get blamed again
Not by me, he wasn't. I simply said that by not stopping those weak goals in the 1st period, if left him no margin for error for those late goals that he had no chance on.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Cory is in so I already know the other team will have at least 2 goals by the second period. Goes a long way in helping me set my expectations for the game.
He's due for a game where he doesn't let in 2 goals by the 2nd period, if not just by complete fluke or accident.

Even the bad goalies have good games sometimes.

I think he'll have good games sometimes, but I still think that at the end of the day, he's probably a .905%-ish goalie going forward.

Reactions: Hypernova

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Not by me, he wasn't. I simply said that by not stopping those weak goals in the 1st period, if left him no margin for error for those late goals that he had no chance on.

i didn’t say you. i honestly don’t remember or care who it was, it just struck me as odd and stayed with me

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Apparently Pacioretty might be a healthy scratch?

Judging by the other tweets from that guy, Pacioretty is nursing something, but Gallant is pulling one of those secretive troll jobs, as to not expose injury.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ

There was more than one goal that the Devils put into their own net that night. I may be wrong but wasn't it three?

he left practice early he left the pregame skate early...just sit him for a game. why risk it?

I don't know what happened to him yesterday but it must have been more than a tweat. I think he has been playing hurt for a while, all his bad passes and losing the puck. Sit him out what difference does it make in the long run.

Reactions: MartyOwns

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

Hopefully not how tonight goes.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
I know this is a shot at me, but I only blame him for the goals that are stoppable.

Like goals 1 and 3 from last game, goals 1, 2 and 4 from the Tampa game, goal 1 against Carolina, goal 5 against Winnipeg and goals 1 and 3 against Detroit. And I think goal 4 against Ottawa. Of course not every goal he allows is a bad one, but over 30% of the ones he allows are.

I have him down for 11 out of 25 goals allowed and the stats the last 2+ years back me up here, if you don't trust my count.

It's a shot at about 90% of each GDT, not just you. It's like reading the brown noise from South Park in here during Cory's starts.

And no offense, but the whole goal counting thing is really subjective and I put no stock in it.

You don't need stats to show that Cory hasn't been great. We all know it. We also don't need to hear thirty red-faced people in a row post "OMG JUST BUY HIM OUT ALREADY" after Lovejoy throws a puck in the net when it's obvious that the plan is to let him work back to whatever he is going to be and he's not going anywhere (Barring some miracle trade) for the rest of the season.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Accordingly to Hynes, Hall just has soreness no big deal he said. Game time decision along with Noesen who wasn't feeling well this morning, so that's two game time decision.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013

It's actually not, pretty black and white. Any goalie, regardless of style played, will let you know the weak ones are 5hole, short side, and 6hole (under the arms).
*those are on clear shots, screened goals are no fault of the goalie.

That's what I go on when I call things, more importantly, that's what hockey coaches go on.

You dont have to read/like it if you dont agree with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad