Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
JfoOPTn.jpg

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Paul Statney returns tonight for Vegas after a 30 game layoff because of lower body injury.

Vegas is 9-2 in past 11 games

Hopefully Schneider has a good game at home, they need two goalies.

Go Devils

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Sry, make a save on the 1st shot. Quickly typed at work
Yeah, I can see it right now. He stop the first however many shots, they don't even score within the first 10 minutes, it looks like he's having a good period, then BAM! He allows some crappy goal, that we'll have to hear is a ''Good shot'', probably scored by one of their snipers. Marchessault or Pacioretty, who now appears like he won't be playing tonight.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hes going to rebound.... but if you think it's too his old self from 3 yrs ago when he was above avg, you'll be disappointed
Here's how I see it. He's probably not as bad as he's been this year, nor the last however many regular season games he played last year, and he's also not nearly as good he was as he was through the first 28 games last year, nor the playoffs. He's probably somewhere in between, which is still a very poor but still (just barely) NHL caliber goaltender.

At some point, pucks will just start hitting him and his teammates won't be scoring on him, even if he still allows a lot of those questionable goals he's also been allowing. He might even have 5 posts hit and allow 2 very weak goals, but only allow 2 goals on 38 shots or something, which will increase that poor numbers a bit.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The extremely vocal contingent of "fans" here will undoubtedly blame him.
I know this is a shot at me, but I only blame him for the goals that are stoppable.

Like goals 1 and 3 from last game, goals 1, 2 and 4 from the Tampa game, goal 1 against Carolina, goal 5 against Winnipeg and goals 1 and 3 against Detroit. And I think goal 4 against Ottawa. Of course not every goal he allows is a bad one, but over 30% of the ones he allows are.

I have him down for 11 out of 25 goals allowed and the stats the last 2+ years back me up here, if you don't trust my count.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad