GDT: Devils vs. Flyers 80's RETRO NIGHT 7PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
I don't like Deb at all in our broadcasts.

Cangy is learning the game on the fly.

I love Dano and Mac because they give very good players insight and Dano bleeds red & black.
Mac too, but not as much.

Though, I hate it when Dano tries to be politically correct.

I would like to see him rip into the officials if he feels they are wrong, call guys like Gudas dirty when they dish out cheap shots and also say when the Devils are dogging it.

Speaking of Gudas, how many games will he get?

None. The league already reviewed it and moved on with no hearing. It wasn't a head shot.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
None. The league already reviewed it and moved on with no hearing. It wasn't a head shot.

Yeah. That was a bad call. Stupid play by Gudas so for his stupidity, I think the 5 minutes and misconduct was enough.

I guess it in a way makes up for Gionta's call being 2 minutes, although that's debatable in itself, but still, it wasn't even head contact.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
We are wayyy overdue to beat NYb in a hockey game at home (without the bettman skills competition).

I can't remember the last time we did?
When was the last time we beat them when Tavares was in the lineup in general?

It should be a charged up atmosphere Friday night with lots of NYb fans amongst a packed house.

I hope the Devils are more interested in that contest than last night.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
Well I'm not feeling sorry for Gudas given his history and reputation there but yes - the ref assumed something that didn't happen. Given how the game was going at that point that might have saved Blandisi or Boucher from getting seriously hurt later though coming down the left side.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Gudas is a dirtbag period.
He lucked out that he missed Farnhams head.
He's a headhunter.

Philly gooned it up and at the end of the night it worked.
Hats off to them and on to our recent nemesis NYb.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Their scouts nailed it with him.
He's a Norris candidate next season IMO.
Much better player than Sevs.

You would think Conte and our scouts would be familiar wit Union College since we scouted Kinkaid there a few years prior.

Philly also nailed it with proverov and konecny in the same draft.

DD, I'm curious to see your draft board this year? Are we going to do some revisionist history 4 years afterwards to bash your board?

Constantly harping on Conte gets old. Look at the other trash Philly has drafted over the last 10 years.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Gudas is a dirtbag period.
He lucked out that he missed Farnhams head.
He's a headhunter.

Philly gooned it up and at the end of the night it worked.
Hats off to them and on to our recent nemesis NYb.

We are much better equipped to handle the Islanders now.

Their speed and size killed us in recent years. We could easily match their speed now. Their size through the center position is what's going to give us trouble.

Their fourth line also usually dominates our third and fourth lines -- and a times our top six. I'm not too hopefully about that match-up considering how small Boucher, Josefson, Kennedy, Farnham, and Tootoo all are.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
Gudas role model when growing up was???

Anyone know?

slapshot-ogie-oglethorpe2.jpg

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I just watched zajac 3rd period penalty in slow mo a few times.

It looks like Giroux stuck out his leg to make contact, not Travis.

Penalty called on us because we had the puck and Giroux flopped down.

We were playing our best hockey of the night from the 22 goal up until that penalty.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I would like to see our STH all show up Friday and not sell on TE or SH.

For once in a rivalry game this season, let's all go in force.

Vs Rags most STH around my seats sold and the buyers showed up in blue.

Too much orange last night.
Wash game wasn't too bad with their fans.

Friday is a vital game vs a local rival in the midst of the season witn no high school football, MLB or nfl distractions.

Let's make it a Pete Special (tough building).

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

We were playing our best hockey of the night from the 22 goal up until that penalty.

Yeah. I was going to say that didn't seem intentional at all.

Zajac seemed like he was getting into the play and ran into Giroux. If anything it was incidental. Knowing Giroux, it probably wasn't.

On a side note, Giroux is easily one of my most hated players. It's funny because I actually really liked him until the 2012 playoffs. Because of that, I made an emphasis to pay attention to him when I was at those games and all I saw was cheap little plays and him complaining to the referees the entire time. Basically went from one of my favorites to one of my least favorites in a couple nights.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

i thought something was up when it happened…i thought why would zajac take a stupid penalty like that…..…wish there was a replay on the broadcast

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We've also had some pretty lopsided losses in them, or at least one's where we allowed a lot of goals and lost by 3 or more.

Were shutout (by Neuvirth) in 2011 3-0 by the Caps

Blown out of the building by the Pens 5-2 in 2012

Lost 4-2 (maybe 5-2 with an empty netter?) against the Bruins in 2014

Then last nights 6-3 loss

And I also forgot about the Stadium Series disaster, perhaps because I forgot we even wore them that day. 7-3 blowout from the Rangers.

Our only wins were a 5-2 or something blowout of our own against the Pens in 2010, the first game we started doing the tradition again. And a 1-0 (maybe 2-0 with an empty netter) win over the Pens last March.

Wear the white one's next time, like how we wore our road white's against the Flyers in the 1995 cup team game last year. White's were the home colors the last time those were our colors.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Also, how about giving Conte credit for Blandisi and Wood while criticizing him yet again for a guy he didn't get.

Meant to reply to this last night, got sidetracked though.

But what exactly did Conte do to get Blandisi? We didn't draft him. Maybe I missed something, but did he recommend Lou sign him or something? And Wood hasn't played a pro game yet, and I remember a few people worried that we may not even sign him. He's not on an ELC yet, is he?

If anything, credit him for Severson and maybe Boucher if he keeps contributing.

Boucher is producing 0.5 PPG since being recalled, if I'm right.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
What is the record with the Christmas Tree unis? I feel like it's pretty bad.

As I said last night, what's our record in the red and black jerseys since we started wearing the retro jerseys? I feel like it's pretty bad as well.

Also remember that we have only worn the retros against teams that are usually at/near the top. Pittsburgh, Rangers, Caps, Bruins, etc. It's not like we're wearing them against Buffalo, Carolina, Ottawa, or Arizona.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad