GDT: Devils vs. Flyers 7:00PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They had to go for it. No points tonight is a potential season killer for them.

Good. Beating the Flyers now may be our most important win the rest of the season, far more important than beating the Rangers who are just playing for seeding anyway (and higher seeding is worse for them probably).

I wouldn't mind knocking the Isles and that weasel Tavares out too though, even if it got the Leafs in :P

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The game I don't watch and we score 6 goals. :laugh:

I feel the same way about not being able to go to the game :P

Although at least I finally saw two home wins in early February, zippedee doo dah. The Isles and Buffalo wins are the only home wins I've been to since early December. Of course I haven't been to a game period since the Habs game a couple weeks ago.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I still think Gost will improve and be good in this league but he was badly abused on the Hall goal.

Perfectly happy with Severson over him.

30 points on the season for Severson. Career high.

Flyers are very similar to us situation wise, as they are relying on a smaller talent pool to hit along with a bunch of vets. Their cap situation isn't as friendly though, and odds are much better for us to get a better talent in this year's draft over them.

Ghost reminds me a lot more of Moore than Severson with how bad he is defensively. Obviously a lot more offensively gifted.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Severson has looked great the last two game games and he actually took a one timer. That's what he needs to do to keep developing his offensive game on the PP. During the off season he really needs to work on that slap shot offensivly, which is my only concern for him offensivly. You can never become a natural goal scorer, but he's a defensman anyway, but he can increase velocity and improve his ability to get off accurate one timers. Also, of course work on his defensive positioning and maybe become more aggressive or smarter with using his stick in the defensive zone.

Kyle Palmieri is just awesome. Love everything about his game beyond just his offensively ability and I honestly think he maybe our next captain. Mainly because he plays fearless, he's feisty, leads the the team in hits, leads by example and according to what Daneyko and Maclean said he's the most vocal leader on the team. Everything adds up to a captain type and I would guarantee he'll be and alternate sooner than later.

Oh a that goal by Taylor Hall was just sick and maybe the nicest goals all yet for us. I loved that goal Palmieri scored against Detroit, but that was better because only a handful of players could pull that off.

Also great to see Adam Henrique score two goals. Watch him go one of his streaks and score 8 goals in 10 games. He's done it before.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
All the kids played well. Seeing Blender. Zacha, JQ, Severson, and Wood having strong games together is really heartening.

The young kid PP unit was really great to watch.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Blandisi has some warts, but he's pretty fun to watch.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He was fired up tonight. One of his most noticeable games so far.

He made some great passes that could have been assists if finished off.

While I don't think this loss really ended the Flyers season, they were finished before tonight, I like that is keeps them even further away from making the playoffs. They pretty much ended our season last February, with that blowout loss, which our season seemed to go downhill completely after that game. We were tied in points with them and both in a playoff spot or maybe we were two points ahead of them and that game had us going one way and them going the other way for the rest of the season.

I didn't even watch that game live, as I was watching at the Sharks/Lightning game in Tampa. I did see it on DVR and it was an ugly, ugly loss.

I think that was a night where we wore the retro jerseys too.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Are we really 4-6 with the retro jersey's now? I remember someone posting that it was 3-6 before tonight. Does that count the Stadium Series disaster too? I remember winning in 10, losing in 11, losing in 12, don't think we had one in the lockout year. Losing at Yankee Stadium, losing to Boston or something in the regular season in 2014. I can't even remember who we played on retro night in 14-15. I know we lost to Philly last year, beat Minnesota in them, lost earlier this year when wearing them and won tonight. Or maybe we did win when we wore them earlier this year? I can't even remember who we played the first time we had them this year.

It's usually against Pittsburgh, Washington or Philly. Then we had that one against Minnesota last year, since that game fell around St Patty's Day and we always wear them around St Patty's Day.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
I swear if we played the Flyers in all 82 games, we would have 70 wins. Not sure if it was all the new blood injected into our lineup or the Flyers, but we were blazing fast last night.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I swear if we played the Flyers in all 82 games, we would have 70 wins. Not sure if it was all the new blood injected into our lineup or the Flyers, but we were blazing fast last night.

The Flyers defense is so historically awful that it can make even our offense look almost competent. They also never seem to give a damn against the Devils.

I did like Quennevilles game last night, but I think it was just that it was the flyers more than anything that was the reason for the outcome. Kinkaid made some nice saves and Hall finally finished a chance 5 on 5, so that helps.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
The Flyers defense is so historically awful that it can make even our offense look almost competent. They also never seem to give a damn against the Devils.

I did like Quennevilles game last night, but I think it was just that it was the flyers more than anything that was the reason for the outcome. Kinkaid made some nice saves and Hall finally finished a chance 5 on 5, so that helps.

JQ definitely has some skill. He showed it when he took the puck end to end with some pretty moves and almost scored.

lardneau

Oct 7, 2011
Low-key Pens fan here in peace :) Got the chance to watch the game yesterday, and as a neutral hockey fan, a few observations:

- Liked the jerseys, saw the dark green(?) ones for the first time and was pleasantly surprised by how it looked with the traditional red.
- Impressed by Severson, Blandisi, Hall.
- Thought Lovejoy had an okay game. Liked him in Pens despite his limited offense.
- Zacha should develop into a fine player for years to come, excited to see how he does next year.

In all, I got the feeling that for my team, the Devils will be a tough one to play against next year. You have a very rootable team :handclap:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Low-key Pens fan here in peace :) Got the chance to watch the game yesterday, and as a neutral hockey fan, a few observations:

- Liked the jerseys, saw the dark green(?) ones for the first time and was pleasantly surprised by how it looked with the traditional red.
- Impressed by Severson, Blandisi, Hall.
- Thought Lovejoy had an okay game. Liked him in Pens despite his limited offense.
- Zacha should develop into a fine player for years to come, excited to see how he does next year.

In all, I got the feeling that for my team, the Devils will be a tough one. to play against next year. You have. a very rootable team :handclap:

Nice analysis except LJ was awful as usual.
You want him back this summer?
We will take future considerations.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Thought every Devil played well except LJ, Lappin and Merrill.

BB continues to show the talent that Ray expected when he acquired him.
It's too bad BB was snakebitten early in the season with all those posts.
If they went in I think his confidence would have soared.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Thought every Devil played well except LJ, Lappin and Merrill.

BB continues to show the talent that Ray expected when he acquired him.
It's too bad BB was snakebitten early in the season with all those posts.
If they went in I think his confidence would have soared.

To be honest I didn't even know Lappin was playing. He's been invisible for months.

Bennett on the other hand needs to be resigned. I love his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad