GDT: Devils vs. Flyers 7:00PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Think of all the dirtbags they've had in the last 5-10 years alone. Roenick, Hartnell, Simmonds, Gudas, Rinaldo, Carcillio. Im sure im misssing a ton too

I don't really think Simmonds is a dirtbag. The rest, sure.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Think of all the dirtbags they've had in the last 5-10 years alone. Roenick, Hartnell, Simmonds, Gudas, Rinaldo, Carcillio. Im sure im misssing a ton too

The worst part is a good portion of them (Hartnell, Roenick, Simmonds, Richards) are actually pretty good hockey players overall. It's the other crap that they've used that have no business being in the league like the Rinaldos, Carcillos, etc.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Yeah Deb is god awful. Makes the players feel awkward and asks the worst questions possible. Need someone new.

MNDevilsfan

Jan 9, 2015
St. Paul, MN
When did NHL.tv start showing the postgames? This is great...I've hardly ever been able to catch them since I moved out of NJ.

Zacha, Quenneville, Severson, and Blandisi all looked very good tonight.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Arda is an idiot and shows he's not a Devils fan and isn't that educated on them or their history. He probably remember Poni's game winner in OT in game 3 and thought that was the series winner. It essentially was the series winner, as it finished off the Flyers for the series, just not officially.

Johnny Mac thought it was Henrique, he's getting that confused with the series winner against Florida or maybe even the Rangers.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Countdown to clinch? Umm, what? Good god, this is awful.

At least Arda is making fun of Leaf fans right now, he's redeemed his unlikable-ness a little bit with that one. Trolling Laffs fans hard.

He keeps insisting Steve Mason has had bad luck against the Devils though. That Palmieri goal was pretty stoppable in my eyes. Mason also has a career .852 save percentage against the Devils in 11 games played. It's not like he's posting respectable numbers and just can't get enough goals from his team to win.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

The worst goaltender of the 21st century to actually manage to play over a decade's worth of seasons and damn near 300 NHL games.

Sure there's been worse in that time, but no one as bad to amass that many games, that many NHL contracts, that many NHL jobs, that many years in the league, to be as bad as him.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think a lot of teams have a player like Simmonds, at least in the regard of the kind of a pest he is. Almost none of those players are as good or as skilled as him at actually playing hockey. I think I'd hate Simmonds if he weren't on the Flyers and that kind of behavior wasn't just customary as far as their team went. Since there's far bigger scum bags on their team than him and he isn't nearly the only one, I don't find him to be as unlikable.

When he's interviewed and you hear him talk, he comes off as an okay guy.

I find Giroux much more unlikable than him, though most of the fans in the league won't agree with me. Simmonds backs himself up too. Giroux is like Crosby, he'll call you a piece of **** and skate away, as Matt Cooke or one of his lackeys (one of the half a dozen on the Flyers) gets in your face.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Yeah, he and Hartnell are two guys who can be complete dicks but have actual hockey skills.

I wish we had a player like that. Quite often with this team I feel like they're mostly a bunch of "good guys" who get pushed around. Sometimes you need a little crazy or dirty on your team.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
One thing I've noticed a few times when he's been out, although there have been exceptions and this is the Flyers and we always look good against them.

We look better when DSP is out of the lineup. He doesn't score enough points and is a complete liability in the defensive zone and pretty much the forward version glue trap like Lovejoy and Helgeson on defense.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Countdown to clinch? Umm, what? Good god, this is awful.

At least Arda is making fun of Leaf fans right now, he's redeemed his unlikable-ness a little bit with that one. Trolling Laffs fans hard.

He keeps insisting Steve Mason has had bad luck against the Devils though. That Palmieri goal was pretty stoppable in my eyes. Mason also has a career .852 save percentage against the Devils in 11 games played. It's not like he's posting respectable numbers and just can't get enough goals from his team to win.

Pretty sure the Countdown to Clinch segment is sponsored. That is why they have to keep showing it.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Pretty sure the Countdown to Clinch segment is sponsored. That is why they have to keep showing it.

I figured it's a generic MSG thing, used on all the broadcasts or post game shows. Even in the Rangers and Islanders broadcasts.

Still pretty funny though.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Ghost is more flashy than Severson, but they're both questionable defensively.

Ghost makes Severson look like a Norris candidate. He barely knows what defense is. I remember talking to a Flyers fan friend about it when Ghost was all the rage for putting up points. He was so noticeably bad defensively that he would have to keep up the point pace to be valuable. When teams started focusing on him, he struggled. Big time. He is young and it's notoriously tough for second year D men, but he desperately has to clean up the defensive side of his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad