GDT: Devils vs. Ducks - 8:00 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
I don't know quite how to say this but Mirco Mueller might just be an NHL defenseman.

He's actually low key been one of our better d-men for a bit now. He's gotten some consistency down. Sadly, he's still basically a third pairing type, and we have quite a few of those. With Butcher's contract, he's basically superfluous because may be hard to move Butcher. I don't want either on a middle pairing, so he and Butcher basically just alternate the third pairing.

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Hayden is a clown.
OIP.FLK416DzuxWOiMYp-myW7wHaHe

Fear the Wushu

Dec 4, 2013
New Brunswick, NJ
I love Bratt and I think he still has a good shot to be a consistent 60 point guy in his prime. But we literally score all of our points off the rush. That needs to change if we want to be a good team in the future.

Reactions: deflowd

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I love Bratt and I think he still has a good shot to be a consistent 60 point guy in his prime. But we literally score all of our points off the rush. That needs to change if we want to be a good team in the future.
Exactly, good players can score off the rush. But we need a coach to establish a good system so we can generate sustained zone pressure and to stay out of our zone as well.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
Man I hope Bratt gets more than a prove it deal. I've seen enough these last 3 years, lock him up.

Given the way that we have treated him in lineups, I doubt it. But I hope you are right. I was advocating for giving him a 5 / 6 year deal last season. I'd definitely give him 5. You don't have to try very hard to get me to six.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad