Belmar
8EGyL6Gz_400x400.jpg

Orange Brattsidy.
OHHHH...OHHHHHHH...OHHHHHHHHHH

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Who is the better passer on this team?

Bratt or Hughes?
Hughes's vision and touch is otherworldly. We've only seen the start of both. The difference right now is that bratt has confidence (he always has) and his legs(which he lost last year when he hit the wall)

Reactions: OmNomNom

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Hughes's vision and touch is otherworldly. We've only seen the start of both. The difference right now is that bratt has confidence (he always has) and his legs(which he lost last year when he hit the wall)
+1

hughes looks shaky now, but so did nico in his first season. give jack the offseason to train hard and get up to speed, and i think we'll see lotsa growth

Reactions: billingtons ghost

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
hughes could have so many more points if other guys finished his setups. i think he’s playing fine - not lighting the world on fire obviously - but his elite skills are visible despite his body not being ready for the nhl. his decision making with the puck will get better

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
If Severson is RD1 next year we are going to get our heads caved in again.

Absolutely.

I think the less we notice our D, the better. We've got enough firepower up front that we need to have d that skate with it and support them in the offensive zone, but take care of their own zone first.

I think a big mistake this year was the expectation that our three rhds should drive the offense. We've gotten more out of subban when our wings kick it back to him than any of the up ice rushed that turned into blueline turnovers, and the other two guys just aren't very good/careful in the d zone, and probably would be ok with a strong partner we just don't have...

The blueline rebuild should be goalie friendly steady guys, who aren't black holes on offense like what we have... But aren't weak in our zone like sevs, butcher, et Al...

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I've said over and over that Zacha and Wood bring out the best in each other. They should always be on a line together.
Zacha has been playing with Bratt and Goose the past handful of games, and imo it has been Zacha at his best.

Wood has been on Zajac's wing since Coleman was traded.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Zacha has been playing with Bratt and Goose the past handful of games, and imo it has been Zacha at his best.

Wood has been on Zajac's wing since Coleman was traded.

But the goals last night were scored on the powerplay, when it was Wood, Zacha and Bratt - and I agree with the post that Wood on Zacha's wing is a good deal.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
But the goals last night were scored on the powerplay, when it was Wood, Zacha and Bratt - and I agree with the post that Wood on Zacha's wing is a good deal.
PP and 5v5 are very different though. You are not defending, you are not transitioning from offense to defense, the movement through neutral zone is very different, how you play in the offensive zone is very different.

Not to mention Wood wasn't really involved in either goal.

And Wood has had some success on Zacha's wing, and I think Wood's energy is good for Zacha, but I think the Bratt Zacha Goose line has been playing the game at a higher level, the puck movement has been very impressive and imo the style and skill of that line has done more to raise Zacha's game then Wood's energy has. Granted it has been a short sample vs bad teams.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
If we win the lottery, I think you start looking to see what D a 1st and Boqvist+ can get you.
Prime Bobby Orr?

Do you mean trading the first overall pick, or packaging ARI or VAN pick with Boqvist? I'd have a hard time dealing 1OA + Boqvist for any Dman.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad