GDT: Devils vs. Canadiens - Thanksgiving Edition - 7:30 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Why does Bratt and Zacha play with a Lame-Brain like Wood?

Answer to both questions :

A Big Bald Idiot.
At least he played for (I think) the first time this season, the 12 forwards most everybody wants to see on the ice. The optimist in me tries to see some kind of progression. :huh:

Nah. It's just a random combination of players, while rotating people in and out of the line up. :laugh:

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
At least he played for (I think) the first time this season, the 12 forwards most everybody wants to see on the ice. The optimist in me tries to see some kind of progression. :huh:

Nah. It's just a random combination of players, while rotating people in and out of the line up. :laugh:

We also iced this forward lineup against Edmonton, so we're 1-1 with it. Since this was a win, hopefully we stick with it. But it's Hynes, so who the hell knows. That 4th Montreal goal might get Zacha and/or Bratt benched again.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
4f5.gif

Keith Lee = Us
Adam Cole = Carey Price

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
We gave up like 50 shots.

and I think all of our goals were off the odd man rush.. which most teams on most nights will limit better. we won a road game .. great... nothing has changed. limit a few odd man rushes and get a less than stellar performance from your goalie and we lose by 2 or 3 on this one... granted that is the type of goaltending you should expect in the NHL but the entire game was played in the devils end.. tonight due to the skill in lineup they were able to counter punch a bit on montreal being over aggressive in the offensive zone..

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
Just watched the condensed game.
So Price saved Hynes ass for now..
Hall was a complete non-factor - flip him for a LD or an actual NHL goalie as long as he still have some value.

Guess Gusev, Boquist and Zacha get benched for the next game...
There is a Hall to Montreal thread that was active on the main boards before the game. I have a feeling that thread will not have many offers from Habs fans anymore since they just saw him play!

ChicksDigTheTrap

Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
Did anybody mention the stat that was on the broadcast last night that Blackwood made more saves than any NHL goalie in the month of November? The Devils are really not putting their young players in a position to succeed.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don’t disagree with the premise but the Devils have had 14 games this month with Blackwood playing 12, it’s also not a surprise the primary goalie on a bad team is going to pile up the saves.

ChicksDigTheTrap

Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
I don’t disagree with the premise but the Devils have had 14 games this month with Blackwood playing 12, it’s also not a surprise the primary goalie on a bad team is going to pile up the saves.
Agree. I had mentioned this previously - when the Flyers have called up skill forwards like Farabee and Frost, they both played on a line with Giroux. That is putting young players in a position to succeed. Look at who JBoq was playing with early in the year. Not surprising he is starting to produce now that he is playing with more skilled players.

Reactions: My3Sons

ChicksDigTheTrap

Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
-2 and invisible in a 6 - 4 win is doing it without the need to bench him.

I have a morbid curiosity as to what he returns for you guys in the trade.
I am thinking the Devils will get a lesser package than Stone got. The Devils have already traded their 2nd round picks in 20 and 21 and our 3rd in 20 so getting some futures back would give us flexibility to potentially make some trades. If Hall goes the Devils will have cap space as well to help make some moves. I will also be glad that our younger wings will get the chance to play with other skill players with Hall not taking up a spot in the top 6.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Goose with 7 points in 12 games since getting sat.

Seems like since he's been sat he's taking on the approach of simplifying his game and creating within the system.

Looks like he's getting much more comfortable with the NHL game. Really curious to see how he looks next year.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Just seeing the highlights now, holy crap Price had a stinker.

And Blackwood's .SVP is > .900 now. That's a Devils' goalie milestone.

Reactions: My3Sons

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Even though we gave up a ton of shots and blackwoods save % looks nice he is really starting to concern me. He needs to find consistency in his game. Which is going to be really tough giving this teams play and his age. Teams are picking on his glove side when he drops down.

feel like this board is falling in love with a goalie who might be another fringe starter and our rose colored glasses won’t get past his December/January last year.

since his first 10 appearances he is:

13-14-1
3.00 GAA
.903 save %

Needs to be better than that.

Last edited:

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Who, exactly, is falling in love with Blackwood? He had a good game and deserves to get praised for it.
He did not have a good game. Many posters are much more lenient given his age, that’s fine. But the rest of the board thinks he’s garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad